SBA/Government Loan Underwriting Executive
|Memphis, Tennessee - United States
$110,000.00 - $185,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
SBA/Government Loan Underwriting Executive Job Description:
Lead business development activities for U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA)/Government Loan programs including referrals, underwriting and packaging of applications for the client bank. Maintain a high degree of client service while contributing to the global success of the Bank.
SBA/Government Loan Underwriting Executive - Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Act as the SBA/Government Loan program production resource for bank Commercial Lenders.
- Collaborate with Business Bankers, Commercial Lenders and other Trusted Advisors through participation in joint calls with SBA borrowers.
- Act as a resource to Branch lenders on eligibility requests, to identify qualifying borrowers and improve acquaintance of SBA/Government Loan Programs.
- Work with the bank’s SBA/Government Loan Program Manager on development and maintenance of Bank products and procedures related to SBA Loans.
- Distribute Lender SBA/Government Program training.
- Sustain compliance with all lending requirements based on all SBA standard operating procedures (SOP).
- Act as indorsing officer or review and sign off on Loan Committee Applications for 7a, 504 and other Government Program loan requests.
- Receive inquiries from clients for government loans; interview loan applicants and attain necessary information to safeguard a complete credit application is obtained.
- Act as the first filter for SBA eligibility compliance on multipart transactions, recommending and completing review of applications preceding to approval.
- Meet individual production, loan management and additional assigned goals.
- Advance strategies to sell SBA and other Government Loan programs to clients and prospects; increase loan portfolio.
- Maintain wide-ranging acquaintance of competitor's products, services and activities in the market area.
- Participate in internal/external training to maintain acquaintance of SBA Program lending activities, compliance, regulations and other training as vital.
- 10 or more years’ experience in SBA/government program lending.
- Robust credit and analytical skills and extensive acquaintance of bank services.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills including the capacity to professionally and tactfully communicate with others, and present information clearly and effectively.
- Maintain thorough acquaintance of banking regulations, SBA regulations/government lending programs, and a complete understanding of credit risk management and Loan Policy.
- Demonstrate willingness to accept increasingly complex responsibilities.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree