|Job Location:||Des Plaines, Illinois - United States|
|Salary:||$80,000.00 - $100,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly|
|Employer Will Recruit From:||Nationwide|
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Manages all production related activities in the safe and efficient production of defect free film.
Creates an environment for continuing improvement for all our systems, and a high level of employee
involvement that is conducive to achieving business plan objectives. Assures that all employees are
properly trained and promotes a culture where all employees are accountable for their own safety and
unsafe conditions, and practices are corrected by employees. Builds trust through continuous, open,
honest and accurate communications with all employees. Performs all duties with integrity to
promote overall operations plant effectiveness and customer satisfaction.
· Manages employee development for all exempt and non-exempt employees in
manufacturing. This includes, training plans, developmental
assignments, succession plans and other activities that encourage the professional
growth, continual improvement, efficiency and innovation by all employees.
· Promotes teamwork throughout the plant and addresses issues that impact
teamwork between areas/groups in the plant.
· Communicates with all employees routinely to build trust and share information
to engage all employees as owners.
· Routine daily meetings to help align all employees on efficient and safe
operation and makes the call on customer and efficiency issues.
· Treats all people with integrity and respect, and develops an environment of
empowerment and commitment.
· Assures that all employees are trained and knowledgeable in all safe operating
· Investigates and analyzes production problems and bottlenecks concerning
throughput and quality.
· Recommends capital improvements and procedures to continually improve our
processes, material utilization and efficiency and reduce downtime throughout the
· Works with Customer Service and manufacturing personnel to ensure daily
production schedules maximize profitability and meet customer needs as first
· Analyzes production and processes data as needed to track improvement
· Works with Plant Materials and Logistics Team to manage resin, finished goods
and commodities inventories in order to maintain efficient operation and at the
same time reduce working capital and ensure optimum use of available plant
· Confers daily with Engineering /Maintenance regarding repairs and preventive
maintenance to equipment and provides priority.
· Assures the availability of a current training manuals, standard operating
procedures, directives etc for efficient and safe operation
· Conducts Production Meetings and other manufacturing meetings as necessary
and participates on Plant Leadership Team, Risk Management Team, Business
Teams, and other applicable meetings.
· Oversees and coordinates wage staffing assignments and overtime procedures.
· Utilizes visual management tools to communicate objectives and status of
· Fosters an environment of continuous improvement utilizing lean manufacturing,
Six Sigma and 5S concepts.
3. Customer Relationship Management
· Establish and maintain manufacturing-to-manufacturing contacts with key
· Creates an environment that is viewed by our customers as “Easy To Do Business
· Balances Customer needs against plant effic iency when making decisions with
customer needs as the top priority.
1. Personal Computer, Software Programs (MS Office) and Electronic E-Mail
2. Telephone/Cell Phone/Voice Mail/Fax/Video, Multimedia
3. Calculator, Copier and Fax Machine
C. PERSONAL PROFILE:
1. Education: Undergraduate Degree
MBA/MS or Engineering
2. Experience: 5 years Film Manufacturing;
Extrusion a plus
5+ year Polymers
3. Critical Dimensions:
c. Interpersonal Skills
e. Technical/Professional Knowledge (understanding of STATS, SPC, TQA)
f. Analysis/Problem Assessment
g. Judgment/Problem Solving
h. Quality Orientation
i. Coaching/Developing Organizational Talent/Maximizing Performance
j. Individual Leadership/Influencing
m. Individual Leadership
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How can we make this page better for you? Add your suggestions below.