Tooling Engineer - Plastics.
|Troy, Michigan - United States
$65,000.00 - $75,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Tooling Design Engineer
Do you enjoy managing the scope of a project or program’s plan? Are you an excellent multi-tasker with strong attention to detail? Our client, a leading supplier to the automotive industry, is seeking a Tooling Design Engineer for their Troy, Michigan facility.
The successful candidate will be responsible for supplier selection (tool shop), costing, timing, reliability, and quality of the tools built.
- Select vendor for tooling in conjunction with Purchasing Department
- Provide estimated tooling prices for use in development of offers to customers and internal studies
- Work with Development Engineers for suitability of tooling design with the process concept, including production fixtures & assembly tools
- Determine tool design & assumptions factoring in quality, GD&T, fit interfaces, health & safety, reliability, cost, timing capability studies at prototype & production stages (Injection Molding, Vibration Welder Tooling and Robot End of Arm Tooling)
- Create & maintain equipment list for all tooling/capital (including gages)
- Coordinate & evaluate CAE modeling for mold flow and FEA analysis, etc.
- Coordinate fabrication & prototype activity, including appropriate paperwork
- Layout/test/reports on quality to customer
- Perform process validation using prototypes (i.e. gating evaluation & its effect on GD&T)
- Ensure that standard equipment & tool specifications are met or exceeded
- Coordinate the design/drawing for Manufacturing of prototype & production tooling
- Support ME in molding equipment, process layout, product design, etc.
- Work within the team environment with the appropriate engineering functions to ensure the program activities such as FMEA’s, try outs, process optimization, quality standards, costs, competitiveness & timing are met or exceeded.
- Establish the tools preventative maintenance schedule/program.
- Set-up tooling spare parts for new tools.
- 2-3 years of experience with plastic injection mold tooling within a tier 2 or mold/tooling shop
- Mechanical or Technical Diploma/Degree preferred (Engineering Plastics strongly preferred)
- CAD / Catia Design / UG skills a definite asset
- Bilingual English-Spanish preferred
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio
- Ability to travel and work on global teams