|Amsterdam, Noord-Holland - Netherlands
$75,000.00 - $90,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
This is a client that I place 5-6 people a year with. 30% fee. They will be planning a trip by the end of the month to interview candidates. Salary $75K to $90K USD. Located in Amsterdam. Great publicly traded CPG firm that is expanding rapidly on a global scale.
Finance Manager – Europe – Based in the Netherlands - Amsterdam
Provide accounting and finance support of the Company’s European operations based in the Netherland B.V. The position requires an individual with broad G/L, accounts payable, banking, reconciliations, intercompany, tax, and F/X experience. Position requires competency with accounting rules and reporting requirements, ability to be timely and accurate, comfort in maintaining the U.S. SOX system of controls over accounting transactions, and ability to work with multiple supervisors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Perform monthly bank account reconciliations
- Process vendor payables and submit for payment
- Reconcile intercompany accounts with Corporate
- Ensure that reconciliations and month-end closing entries are completed timely and accurately
- Assist with the update, maintaining, and monitoring of internal controls and manage SOX compliance
- Provide ad hoc reporting and analyses as needed
- Address local audits for statutory reporting as well as potential requests at the consolidated audit level
- Work with the Corporate office in the processing of commission payments and the corresponding compliance documentation
- Assist in new payment or banking setup with corporate oversight.
- Coordinate and assist with monthly and yearly tax compliance (withholding, VAT, income tax, etc.)
- Follow intercompany agreements and coordinate in the booking of royalties, management fees and intercompany interest with the corporate office.
- Support VP International Europe Market for appropriate business decisions.Perform pricing analysis, new market development, etc.
- Assist in the management of inventory, custom clearance, forecasts, etc. as it relates to the logistical operations of the business.
- Assist in managing various areas of legal compliance.
- Assist in the 12 month rolling budgeting process
Education and/or Experience
- Degree in Accounting required
- CPA or equivalent preferred
- 2 years public company experience preferred
- Minimum of 3-5 years in a related position required
- Experience with accounting/ERP systems required and implementations preferred
- Experience with reporting tools
- Experience in intercompany accounting with multinational companies
- Experience in Network Marketing preferred
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of accepted accounting rules, practices, tax laws, and reporting requirements
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner when dealing with employees, vendors, banks, tax authorities, and company contacts.
- Proficiency in MS Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX or other mid-market ERP system is preferred
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to perform the above duties
- Able to work well under the pressure of meeting deadlines
- Business level knowledge of English and Dutch required
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree