Chief Financial Officer (Financial Services Required)
|Birmingham, Alabama - United States
$115,000.00 - $175,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Chief Financial Officer (Financial Services Required) - Overall Responsibilities
This executive level position leads the Accounting and Finance function for the client bank. The qualified candidate is responsible for the development of plans to help attain organizational goals. Is also accountable for directing the development and implementation of supporting policies, processes, procedures and internal controls.
Chief Financial Officer (Financial Services Required) - Responsibilities
The Chief Financial Officer’s vital accountabilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Partnering with the direction of the CEO, the CFO coordinates the preparation of the Bank’s Business Plan and participates in the development and implementation of both the long-and short-range financial plans and the determination of the appropriate allocation of resources to ensure maximum profits commensurate with the best interests of shareholders, customers and employees. Knowledgeable with the function of the various business line units and provides quality financial input to the CEO and Executive Management team, contributing to their overall business planning strategy.
- Aided by the Bank’s Treasury Manager, the CFO has principal responsibility for planning, coordination and effective application of the Bank’s capital and asset/liability structure. Assesses the asset and liability structure. Assesses the asset/liability position and strategies to maximize the company’s interest margin and overall profitability while managing the Bank’s interest rate risk position for safe and sound manner. This includes:
- Deposit pricing and maturity stratification
- That adequate liquidity is maintained via lines of credit or liquid investments
- Review of loan portfolio for pricing and maturity distribution
- Review of the investment portfolio to ensure adequate pre-purchase analysis is performed on all investment securities and that investments are performing as expected
- Oversees the preparation of all regulatory filings including quarterly Call Reports, tax filings, as well as other reports that may be requested by various regulatory agencies.
- In coordination with the Bank’s Executive Management Team, the CFO prepares the annual capital plan.
- Participates in the evaluation of buy-side merger and acquisition candidates (“M&A”) and coordinates the preparation of M&A financial projections.
- Responsibility for the regular and ad-hoc financial reporting as required by the Shareholders, Board of Directors, the CEO and other executive leaders within the Bank. This includes production reporting, financial analysis at the product and cost center level, and expense control.
Chief Financial Officer (Financial Services Required) - Qualifications Summary
- Minimum experience of 8 years’ progressive senior bank management experience, with at least eight (8) years as Chief Financial Officer, Treasurer, Controller or Chief Financial Executive, with a company which has demonstrated solid financial results in various economic/market environments
- Project Leadership experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required
- CPA preferred
- Advanced education beyond a 4-year college degree, ideally in a financial or business discipline, such as Master’s degree or MBA preferred but not required.
- Demonstrated robust financial analytical skills
- Solid working acquaintance of budgeting and strategic planning
- Robust problem solving and consensus building skills
- Effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure
- Maintains respectful, productive relationships, works across the organization to build value and effectively builds commitment
- Provides clear vision for the business operation, maintains a long-term big-picture view, foresees obstacles and opportunities and generates breakthrough ideas
- Ensures ongoing connection between incumbent and organizational goals, provides regular feedback concerning goal achievement, develops teams and talent with diverse capabilities and networks talent to sustain and replenish resource pool. Has demonstrated success at mentoring
- Provides a free flow of information and communication throughout the organization (upward, downward, and across), listens actively and encourages and demonstrates open expression of ideas and opinions
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree