Process Project Engineer - Chemicals
|Terre Haute, Indiana - United States
$85,000.00 - $105,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
A long time client who I’ve seen their tremendous growth has a Chemical Process Project Engineering Position open. Excellent Benefits great work life balance.
This is one of this companies smaller plants and they produce a variety of specialty chemicals used as an intermediate for anything from Foods to Chemicals and more. They use a wide variety of processes / unit operations.
Below is the clients job description.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The primary purpose of this position is to improve existing production processes, introduce new production processes, and support plant operations. Also perform project engineering activities which include the design, procurement, installation, commissioning, and start-up of new processing equipment.
- Promote safety in all aspects of operations to improve the safety record at this facility and throughout the company; includes work performed by contractors.
- Promote the production of products that meet or exceed customer expectations, e.g., through participation in audits and investigations.
- Support daily production activities by monitoring process performance, trouble-shooting problems, and, as needed, implementing corrective actions.
- Execute activities to implement new chemical-processing and materials-handling processes.
- Continuously evaluate, recommend, and implement improvements to the plant processes and operating procedures.
- Support Sales and Marketing activities and provide technical assistance through interfaces with customers.
- Perform project-engineering activities as directed by the Operations Manager (dotted line to the Central Engineering Manager); includes project management of these activities. Project-Engineering activities include the design, procurement, installation, commissioning, and start-up of new processing equipment.
- Utilize project-management skills and tools to efficiently perform duties, e.g., define project schedules, conduct project-review meetings, publish associated meeting minutes, and document project financial status.
- Execute improvement projects within financial, time, and quality constraints.
- Provide concise, accurate, and timely information to plant and senior management as requested or as required. At a minimum, provide written status reports on assignments on a monthly basis.
- Participate in the investigation and corrective actions efforts for your assigned manufacturing processes.
- Manage the change process for assignments by adhering to established policies and practices. Effectively review changes with impacted personnel prior to approval for implementation and during subsequent implementation.
- Uphold Standard of Excellence through a continuous commitment to maintain quality facilities and provide quality products and services to internal and external customers
- Perform all duties outlined in relevant SOPs and all other duties to be assigned.
- Participate in RCRA, regulatory, health & safety and process training activities as required. Review changes/additions with your supervisor. Must be RCRA compliant.
- Assist in the proper maintenance of plant equipment as a technical resource.
- Work with the E.H.S. department to obtain safety and regulatory compliance.
- Works with other staff members to maintain workload balances. Provides back-up support as necessary.
- Supports effective communication with all departments where responsibilities overlap to ensure success of the branch team.
- This position reports to Operations Manager.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL CRITERIA
- A Bachelor’s degree is required; preferably in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering.
- Prefer to have additional education in Project Management.
- Must have at least five years of Process-Engineering and/or Project Engineering experience in chemical-processing industry.
- Must have two years experience interfacing with contractors.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Power Point, Word, and Excel required. As well as proficiency in AutoCAD and pipeline-sizing program
EXPERIENCE: BS Chemical Engineer with 7-20 years from the Chemical Industry and looking for someone who’s wore a lot of hats. This is a 50 person plant so this engineer will do a little of everything. They want someone promotable into and Ops Management or Plant Mangers role.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree