Middle Market Commercial Banking Associate Relationship Manager
|Birmingham, Alabama - United States
$90,000.00 - $140,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
We are working with an extremely strong bank that is rapidly expanding their presence in the Birmingham, AL market. They are looking for a junior Middle Market or Corporate C&I Lender who will be mentored as a key component in the banks success in expanding in this area. The bank has a very robust product offering, with local product partners, and a competitive pricing structure. With a very flat reporting structure, and many of the decisions being made within the immediate management structure of this line of business. This individual will have a significant voice in the process.
They are very focused on building the bank for the long-term and they will have very realistic growth goals in the first year. The bank looks at all types of transactions and has the ability to lead deals. They also offer a very lucrative incentive plan.
With the ability to be a critical piece in the growth of the banks corporate banking portfolio, and have a great deal of input in how to do that, as well as a very strong leadership team with a proven track record of growing markets, this will be an exciting opportunity.
This opportunity is responsible for developing and maintaining a portfolio of complex commercial loan and/or depository relationships and servicing the client needs within that portfolio (services, deposits and loans).
- •Develop and maintain a portfolio of high quality corporate relationships (companies with revenues of $30MM to $600MM).
- •Have documented experience large corporate loans (greater than $1MM), club deals, syndcations and loan participations (both purchased and sold).
- •Cross sell other bank products to maximize customer relationships.
- •Actively participate in outside calling program designed to promote the image of the bank as an active corporate lender and to develop new business relationships.
- •Refer business to other business units.
- •Follow-up and resolve outstanding exceptions.
- •Make presentations to senior management and loan committee.
- •Maintain active contact with client base, meeting at least quarterly at their place of business.
- •Maintain a current credit file, working in conjunction with credit services. In particular, ensure that contact memoranda are up to date and document the client’s current status.
- •Actively participate in community functions.
- •Support the bank’s CRA lending efforts.
- •Sell all bank products and services
- •Prepares packages for loan committee presentations.
- •Communicate to customers and prospects the approval or denial of credit requests.
- •Prepare commitment letters.
- •Review depository activity of clients to insure compliance with BSA.
- •Prepare suspicious activity reports when appropriate.
- B.A./B.S. degree required / MBA preferred
- Must possess 3+ years of experience in the Commercial Banking market
- Has experience across verticals of industrial, consumer, energy, healthcare, technology, business services, and financial services.
- Must possess an advanced knowledge of commercial banking products and services and be able to successfully capitalize on cross-sell opportunities as well as an advanced knowledge of credit and credit quality
- Must be a self-starter, entrepreneurial, results oriented routinely exceed client expectations
- Candidate must be able to demonstrate proven track record of production in commercial banking market
- Formal credit training or experience is preferred