This closed position was filled. Check out our Jobs Search Page for our current open positions similar to this one.
|Title:||Senior External Reporting Analyst|
|Job Location:||Plano, Texas - United States|
|Salary:||contact recruiter for details|
|Other Compensation:||Great benefit plan|
|Employer Will Recruit From:||Local|
Opportunity available due to internal promotion!!! Great company with strong culture of promoting from within.
Technical Accounting and External Reporting Senior will be responsible for:
(1) performing activities associated with the research, development, preparation, quality review, and dissemination of information for corporate accounting and ledgers related to key accounting principles generally accepted in the United States (U.S. GAAP) areas of the company, such as stock-based compensation, derivatives, goodwill, intangibles, fixed assets, lease accounting, financial reporting and debt offerings (both public and private);
(2) contributing to the quarterly close process for the company's filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), by drafting and supporting financial statements and footnotes for various areas reported in the document and assisting with the tie-out of financial statements and Management Discussion and Analysis (MD&A);
(3) working with Management to evaluate transactions and balances to ensure they are properly recorded in the financial statements in accordance with U.S. GAAP and are in accordance with reporting requirements;
(4) providing accurate and timely reporting of actual performance in accordance with Company Policy, U.S. GAAP, and the SEC Guidance;
(5) performing goodwill and intangible asset annual impairment analysis;
(6) performing special projects and analysis as directed by finance management, including evaluation of exposure drafts for potential impact on the company, assisting in drafting any potential responses to the exposure drafts, proving technical accounting guidance in implementation of new systems or processes, and interfacing with business customers to develop various projects, such as the upcoming revenue recognition implementation and technical research involving FASB Codification;
(7) determining and recommending necessary accounting structure and controls needed for initiatives;
(8) assisting with the year-end (YE) external audits and Internal audits;
(9) preparing and facilitating company tailored CPE offerings for Controllership organization;
(10) assisting with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance in the areas of control documentation and enforcement;
(11) preparing financial statements for the Company’s defined contribution and defined benefit plans; and
(12) completing informational returns for various governmental agencies.
(1) A Master’s degree, or equivalent, in Accounting or a related field;
(2) at least three years of public accounting experience at a Big 4 accounting firm with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance, quarterly close process for SEC filings (including tie-out of financial statements and MD&A) and technical research (FASB Codification and SEC Guidance); and
(3) Designation as Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
University - Master's Degree