Functional Safety Engineer - ISO 26262
|Buffalo, New York - United States
$80,000.00 - $85,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Functional Safety Engineer
Do you enjoy having a high level of responsibility, maintaining safety and efficacy of assignments? Are you a keen problem-solver with strong technical savvy? Our client, a leading supplier to the automotive industry, is seeking a Functional Safety Engineer for their Buffalo, New York facility.
The successful candidate will be a part of the product engineering team, developing the electric AC compressor and ensuring compliance of all functional safety requirements throughout the development process.
- Ensure implementation of functional safety requirements according to ISO 26262
- Preparation and maintenance of functional safety plan and implementation
- Follow up all planned activities including due dates, tasks and results
- Ensure independent acting of functional safety function within APQP/PDP team
- Continuous development and implementation of functional safety related processes and tools
- Coordination of functional safety activities toward customers and suppliers
- Participating in project teams on R&D processes, PLM (ASPICE, V- model), change management, lessons learned, continuous improvement
- Develop functional safety targets/goals, resource and timing plans, and activities required to fulfill defined ASIL level
- Bachelor of Science Degree - technical sciences preferably Electric / Electronics
- 5+ years experience in development of high voltage components and functional safety
- Knowledge of methodologies for systematic problem solving
- Knowledge of basic quality tools
- Knowledge of quality management standards
- Additional courses on functional safety (training programs)
- Preference to those with Automotive/Residential/Commercial HVAC development
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree