(E & I Maintenance Leader
|Decatur, Alabama - United States
contact recruiter for details
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
THE POSITION HAS BEEN UPGRADED
$140k + 20% BONUS Engineering degree not required
I am the only exclusive recruiter that is allowed to work directly with the hiring official, The Director of Maintenance Reliability & Engineering. I also know the head guy at corporate and he is also envolved. NO HR envolvement except to set the interviews.I send all qualified candidates directly to the director for his immediade feedback.Please give this your attention. 4 NPA Splits.
The E & I Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the troubleshooting, repairing, calibrating, installing and performing preventative maintenance on plant electrical, electronic, instrumentation and automation equipment including hi-med-low voltage polyphase systems, AC and DC systems, overhead powerlines, lighting, motors, receptacles, starters, variable frequency drives, DC drives, wound rotor resistance controls, AC and DC motor brush maintenance, power supply wiring (including conduit and cable tray), transformers, distributed control systems, programmable controllers, radio SCADA telemetry, wireless mesh broadband systems, electrical components, relays, switches, as well as pneumatic and hydraulic control valves and systems. The EIA Supervisor must be able to safely oversee the operation of voltage appropriate insulation resistance testers, voltmeters, ammeters, hydraulic crimping hand tools. This position follows provisions the National Electrical Code (NEC), the National Electrical Safety Code (NESC), the Standard for Electrical Safety in the Workplace (NFPA 70E), International Society for Automation (ISA) and other standards, and has the ability to read loop sheets, Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams, electrical blue prints, single lines, schematics, and manuals. This position performs and follows all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), Pre Job Risk Analysis, Lock-out Tag-Out (LOTO), Hot Work, Hazardous Work, Confined Space, Water Safety, Line Breaking, Safe Work, Daily PM Inspection, Work Order Feedback, General Equipment/Line Isolation Permits, procedures, forms, and reports.
- Will oversee 2 E/I Engineers and 5 E/I Technicians and some hourly
- Communicates daily with area owners for work priorities and assignments
- Communicates any findings with fellow management
- Utilizes and inputs work order and reporting data into the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) as required.
- Oversees the performance of advanced maintenance on equipment that monitors flow, temperature, density, level, and pressure of process equipment
- Oversees the performance of maintenance on equipment that checks pH, conductivity, or other analytical product parameters by collecting and checking samples. (instrumentation)
- Oversees the maintenance of motor repair, starters, drives, low-medium-hi voltage polyphase systems and instrumentation throughout the entire plant
- Ensures that technicians repair, troubleshoot, calibrate, or cleans electrical, instrumentation, and advanced automation systems
- Ensures that technicians troubleshoot, visually or with varied testing equipment, all EIA systems throughout the entire plant
- Changes hardware and configures software in system to maintain interface between automation and operations as needed
- Responsible for regular work orders as well as emergencies throughout the plant.
- Responsible for housekeeping and safe work in all areas. (Electrical and Automation)
- Responsible for maintaining cables, powered reels, and cable junction boxes
- Ensures the maintenance and integrity of overhead power lines up to and including high voltage, including poles, guy wires, cross-arms, insulators, surge arresters, gang operated air break switches, potential and current transformers, turnbuckles, stinger connectors, and hydraulically crimped connectors
- Ensures the safe operation of appropriate testing equipment including hot stick voltage detectors, bonding clamps, hi potential testers, insulation resistance detectors, LCR, and multimeters.
- Experience & Education
- ENGINEERING Degree ( NOT REQUIRED) in a related field with 7+ years of Electrical and Instrumentation experience preferred
- Must have Supervisor experience over E & I Maintenance Technicians,2+ years Strong Leadership capabilities
- Certified CMRP (Maintenance and Reliability Professional) is a plus
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Demonstrated knowledge of maintenance work process and maintenance best practices
- Demonstrated experience in Six Sigma and/or Lean Manufacturing processes fundamentals
- Demonstrated and proactive leadership and team building skills with the ability to work effectively throughout the organization in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrated ownership and drive to improve existing systems and processes
- Problem solving, conflict resolution, facilitation and prioritizing skills
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Moderate to advance computer skills including Microsoft Office products, SAP, and LIMS
- Demonstrated and strong root cause analytical and corrective action skills a plus
- Must Have Strong Power Plant, Turbines, Generators experience
- Military background preferred
- Any Major industry experience, Chemical Process PREFERRED
- Strong Insrumentation and Switchgear experience
- 1 year experience in automation systems preferred
- 1 year experience in AutoCAD or blue print reading preferred
- 1 year experience in Distributed Control System (DCS) preferred
- 3 years Electrical Wiring experience preferred
- 3 years’ experience in a Heavy Manufacturing Plant Maintenance or Operations Environment preferred
- 1 year experience in a CMMS preferred
- 1 year experience in Process Control Systems preferred
- Must be able to safely perform the job without posing a direct threat to the safety of his or her own self, or the safety of others
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree