Compliance Officer (BANKING required)
|Memphis, Tennessee - United States
$85,000.00 - $145,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
The Compliance Officer will be responsible for assisting in the maintenance of an independent Internal Compliance Program that ensures each functional area of the bank operates in compliance with all applicable banking laws, regulations, and internal policies. In conjunction with the Compliance Director, this individual ensures compliance with all rules and regulations including but not limited to HMDA, CRA, ECOA, Truth in Lending, RESPA, and various other Federal consumer protection regulations; and assists in the investigation, documentation, and monitoring of compliance with these rules and regulations.
As an integral part of the client bank’s Compliance Team, this individual will work together with their peers to provide the highest level of knowledge and skill and represent the client bank in a considerate and professional manner.
- Importing HMDA data from the core into HMDA software to add to the HMDA LAR monthly;
- Importing HMDA applicable denied and withdrawn loan application data from Finastra into the HMDA Software;
- Reviewing HMDA packages to ensure all required supporting documentation is included;
- Completing HMDA inclusion testing to ensure that all applicable loans are properly flagged to be imported into the HMDA software;
- Partnering with the Loan Operations Department and the lending team to address any HMDA data issues;
- Reviewing Community Development loans, services, investments and charitable contributions worksheets for the CRA program;
- Reviewing mortgage quality control reports monthly;
- Reviewing consumer pricing and underwriting overrides on a monthly basis;
- Reviewing loan denial files on a quarterly basis;
- Testing Loan Pricing Worksheet;
- Testing for compliance with flood requirements;
- Assist the Compliance Officer in identifying compliance weaknesses to be addressed with face-to-face training
Specific requirements include:
- Minimum: Bachelor’s Degree (B.A. or B.S.) in Business, Accounting, Finance, or other related field, and 4+ years of related compliance experience; or the equivalent combination of education and experience, which demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the job duties of this position.
- Optimistic, highly organized, internally motivated, team-oriented personality.
- Ability to make decisions, create change, and help grow a company – while growing yourself.
- Desired qualifications:
- 6+ years of direct industry experience.
- Compliance certifications.
- Working knowledge of compliance software and tracking mechanisms or other HMDA and/or CRA software.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree