Finance SAP/ERP Expert
|Windsor, Ontario - Canada
contact recruiter for details
|bonus, exceptional benefits and other perks
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Highly regarded, First Class non-automotive company with above average benefits and Perks in Windsor, Ontario Canada. Real estate is climbing because of the construction of a new second bridge to the US.
Main roles and responsibilities:
- Finance Delivery & Support
- Work with users and management to develop/support/improve Finance processes and implement systems to improve user’s productivity at all facilities.
- Manage Projects within IT ERP Finance and associated systems.
- Ensures on time implementation of Finance projects and user requests within budget and meeting agreed to user requirements.
- Advise Management on desirable additions or replacements, new developments and trends as they pertain to Finance.
- Evaluate and recommend changes to existing systems through (upgrades, replacement or customizations)
- Evaluate and recommend new systems and modules that are in line with Business Strategy.
- Analyze complex business needs presented by the business community and recommend solutions.
- Manage IT/business changes including mergers/acquisitions/divestments.
- Manage the IT demand and project portfolio for the ERP Finance area.
- Build and Cultivate critical relationships with senior management and key business partners.
- Ensure that the Finance Delivery team follows IT Governance Project management Methodology and documentation standards.
- Manages staff of project managers, business analysts, programmers and/or consultants on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ensure that the Finance Delivery team provides functional support to users at all sites.
- Education required: MBA or similar with specialization in information systems preferred or similar industry experience.
- Experience / Background:
- Broad business and operational background spanning cross-functional areas.
- Financial business interaction, as well as extensive previous management experience of JDE implementation projects.
- Strong business foundation including solid knowledge and understanding of business concepts and processes
- Excellent understanding of ERP concepts, specifically the Finance modules GL/AP/AR/FA, cost accounting, flex accounting and AAI setup.
- Managing experience, familiarity with project methodology
- Management experience (projects, processes and people)
- Experience interacting with various corporate profiles: technical personnel, end users, high profile executives, and outside vendors and suppliers
- Strong business experience in the Consumer Goods industry
- Experience with Project Management, and Project Methodology
- Experience in managing remote teams and sites
- Experience with evaluating service providers and negotiating contracts
- Experience with multitasking - multiple projects and priorities
- Ability to think conceptually and strategically while managing the IT resources.
- Ability to interact with other IT departments that are not direct reports.
- Excellent verbal, written, planning, managerial, and organizational skills
- Ability to challenge the business.
- Ability to stay calm and exhibit professional behavior in stressful situations.
- Outstanding aptitudes in project management / methodology.
- Excellent management skills.
- Excellent problem solving and design skills, including the ability to resolve problems in a timely manner
- Excellent knowledge of IT objectives and strategies
- Excellent time management, decision making, organization and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures
- Sound judgement to plan and accomplish goals
- Customer oriented
- Coaching and mentoring abilities
- Language required: Fluent in English