|Job Location:||Milwaukee, Wisconsin - United States|
|Salary:||$80,000.00 - $90,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly|
|Other Compensation:||bonus paid out yearly|
|Employer Will Recruit From:||Nationwide|
Work for a leader in flexible packaging industry
Primary Job Functions
As a member of the Product Development group, the development engineer/scientist will have the following primary responsibilities:
• Design and development of printed and laminated structures from concept creation to launch
• Support current business through product and process improvement programs
• Extensive customer interaction with technical and project personnel to understand performance requirements for new product proposals. Must define those requirements using key physical properties, visual standards, and performance characteristics. Work closely with sales
• Provide technical support to commercial and manufacturing teams through specification tests, product qualifications and recommendations
• Broad use of polymer science and engineering principles to solve product and production challenges
• Design and conduct experiments to validate product performance
• Interact with manufacturing personnel to optimize product design for ease of manufacturing
• Office/Meetings and Lab/Pilot-Plant/Production time allocation expected to be around 50:50
• When applicable, ability to identify patent opportunities, prepare legal literature, and work with the Legal group to prepare applications
• Prepare and submit BOMs, technical documents and descriptions to the commercial team to be utilized for product recommendations and to generate costing/price models.
• Other responsibilities as assigned
• Requires and solid understanding of substrates, adhesives, and processing including flexographic printing
• Requires supplier interaction with technical support to stay current with new and existing polymer systems, market films, adhesive systems, ink and print systems, processing and converting equipment, and physical property testing techniques
• Ability to manage multiple projects, including planning, time lines, weekly communication, and key project updates. Comfortable with managing changing priorities
• Excellent analytical skills
• Strong planning/organizing skills
• Ability to effectively communicate/present findings to a wide variety of audiences
• Knowledge and use of Six Sigma tools for analyzing data
• Self-starter and ability to work independently as needed
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with limited information and drive to quick success.
• Hands-on experience with continuous web based manufacturing a plus
Education, Experience, Skills
• B.S. / M.S. Degree in Chemical, Mechanical or Polymer Science/Engineering
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in packaging design, development, or process engineering
• Experience working with flexographic printing and films lamination, both solvent and solventless
• Willingness to travel 30-50%
Other Job & Conduct Expectations
• Abide by all company policies and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook
• Safety is number one priority - both the safety of the incumbent and co-workers. At all times incumbent is expected to act in accordance with the Company’s published safety policies and procedures.
• Housekeeping as it relates to the orderliness of personal work space and common office areas is required to be maintained at all times by the incumbent.
• Teamwork is essential to this position. Incumbent must at exercise excellent communication skills and interpersonal behavior in order to produce the highest level of customer satisfaction possible. This applies to both employees (internal) and external customers.
• Business Focus - interest in and knowledge of the business strategy and key business drivers; links R&D initiatives and programs to business needs.
• Results Oriented - able to define goals and metrics, develop actionable plans and manage work to achieve desired outcomes; has a sense of urgency and fosters the same in others.
• Satisfies Customers - accurately identifies customer requirements and delivers consistent results; ensures that escalated partner/customer issues are resolved with urgency.
• Leadership - takes initiative; willing
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How can we make this page better for you? Add your suggestions below.