Safety & Industrial Health Specialist
|Mc Intosh, Alabama - United States
$80,000.00 - $110,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
|15% target bonus
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our client is a global chemicals company, one of the largest in the world with ver 110,000 employees. Financially sound and will offer infinite career opportunities to professionals. Company offers excellent pay, benefits and full relocation to include home purchase.
- Maintain and monitor compliance programs while optimizing the effectiveness and efficiency of the programs.
- Lead monthly contractor safety officers group meetings and contractors safety program.
- Maintain written Safety/IH procedures.
- Provide governance and oversight of Safety/IH program.
- Participate in Process Hazards Analysis (PHA) activities and participate in technical review of process changes as necessary.
- Lead and/or participate in investigation and root cause analysis for accident/ incidents as needed.
- Participate in capital project reviews consistent with the level of Safety/IH expertise needed.
- Prepare materials for contractor Safety/IH meetings.
- Provide input to EHS Team Leader and interface with regulatory agencies, as needed, on compliance and/or enforcement issues.
- Provide oversight and guidance related to contractor EHS qualifications and serve as EHS liaison with procurement, maintenance and technical engineering services for contractor approvals.
- Actively participate within the EHS Community.
- BS Degree in Engineering or Science is required.
- Safety and Industrial Hygiene regulatory knowledge is required.
- Experience with hazard recognition, job hazard analysis and Process Hazards Analysis is a plus.
- Three or more years’ experience in implementing safety and industrial hygiene programs in a manufacturing arena preferred. Experience working with a contractor work-force is also preferred.
- Basic computer skills (ex. Spreadsheets, word processing, database management) essential.
- Customer Focus, Collaborate for Achievement, Entrepreneurial Drive, Drive Sustainable Solutions and Effective Communication skills are essential.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree