Asset / Reliability Engineer Sr.
|Pasadena, Texas - United States
$95,000.00 - $125,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
|15% target bonus
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our client is a global chemicals company, one of the largest in the world with over 110,000 employees. Financially sound and will offer infinite career opportunities to professionals. Company offers excellent pay, benefits and full relocation to include home purchase.
You will be responsible for implementing Reliability methodologies like RBI (Risk Based Inspections), RCM (Reliability Centered Maintenance), RCFA (Root Cause Failure Analysis) and other reliability-based maintenance engineering principles and practices. You will also develop and oversee the implementation of a comprehensive multi-year “Reliability Plan” by developing, analyzing, and maintaining plant relevant Asset Effectiveness key performance indicators and identifying and managing planned and unplanned downtime strategies.
Formula for Success: You Will...
- Apply appropriate reliability tools to drive improvements, optimizing costs, and improve Asset Effectiveness (i.e., Bad Actor Program, FMEA, RBI, RBM, RCM, Reliability Roadmap).
- Develop, analyze, and maintain Asset Effectiveness and Reliability Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and develop plans to maximize profitability.
- Lead Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA’s) and corrective actions for complex and/or repetitive problems.
- Oversee the Bad Actor Program along with the Operational Excellence Engineer and create action plans for improving reliability.
- Lead Asset Effectiveness improvements through the identification of lost availability and poor reliability. Manage diverse working teams consisting of Technologist, Production, and Maintenance experts to achieve targets.
- Lead the site Mechanical Integrity program including the development and maintenance of the Vessel and Piping Inspection Program, Cathodic Inspection program and relief device and flame arrestor programs.
- Support capital projects by supplying engineering support in the specification, design, and construction of capital projects in accordance with plant design requirement as well as regulatory and Company standards.
- Assist in the preparation of spare parts and PM Lists for new equipment.
- Oversee site reliability craft resources and provide them with technical direction.
- Plan and coordinate activities associated with the reliability of equipment in support of site production requirements.
- Evaluate and execute improvements to plant physical assets to minimize total cost of ownership considering asset replacement, business priorities, and capital expenditures. Lead execution or Reliability projects directly or with engineering resources.
- Work with Reliability Experts from other sites and within the industry to continue development of a multi-year reliability improvement plan. This plan will include the development and execution of capital and expense projects for various operating units at the Site.
- Maintain all reliability maintenance records and files for the analysis and reporting of all reliability maintenance-related business matters.
- Work with maintenance planner/scheduler to ensure reliability and asset issues are addressed correctly and efficiently.
- Identify areas of cost reduction, and prepare preventative Maintenance requirements for new and existing equipment.
- Support of all EH&S policies and procedures. Ensure compliance of the assets with internal and external rules and regulations though adherence to scheduling requirements and recommend extensions as necessary
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related Engineering field and a minimum 7+ years of engineering experience in the chemical / petrochemical, refinery, or other related industry
- Leading Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA’s) and corrective actions for complex and/or repetitive problems.
- Experience with critical maintenance activities, i.e. fixed and rotating mechanical equipment repairs
- Exposure to various types mechanical equipment such as pumps, reactors, compressors, columns, etc.
- Proven computer skills
- Have a general understanding of industrial maintenance procedures including work planning, PM, and repair parts acquisition
- Experience in developing and implementing reliability programs
- Knowledge of SAP and Ultrapipe preferred
- Able to work within and lead diverse team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Our client recognizes institutions of higher education that are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
This position requires all candidates to either currently possess or obtain and maintain a TWIC (Transportation Worker Identification Credential) Card from the U. S. Department of Homeland Security.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree