This closed position was filled. Check out our Jobs Search Page for our current open positions similar to this one.
Senior Cost Accountant
|Buffalo, New York - United States
$60,000.00 - $70,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Buffalo organization has an immediate need for a Senior Cost Accountant with a Bachelor's degree in Accounting and at least three yeras of experience.
- Maintain the appropriate inventory valuation. This includes evaluating current inventory levels for Excess and Obsolescence;
- Performing cost revaluations at least annually, but analyzing these costs more regularly and providing insight to the finance and operations teams on proposed modifications ; maintaining cost center activity rates; performing other review and analysis to ensure that current inventory is properly stated.
- Review production variances for Precious Metal Operations and meet with, investigate and work with the engineering teams (on the plant floor) to understand the variances and correct BOM’s and routers.
- Work and communicate with the operations team on inventory valuation issues. Employee needs to be able to learn and understand the general product flow in order to recognize BOM and router issues.
- Liaise with all department heads in reporting their monthly costs and identifying budget/ forecast variances. On a weekly basis, monitor actual vs. budget/ forecast for all cost centers and coordinate analyses with cost center owners
- Work to understand the costing and inventory within theSAP systems and develop into the Subject Matter Expert for the CO and MM modules within SAP for precious metal operations.
- Perform and maintain gross margin analysis for individual products, product value streams, product families and customers.
- Significant time to be spent in both locations plant facilities to understand the processes and manufacturing of products and allow for better understanding of Bill of Material and Router creations and review.
- Participate in the quarterly physical inventory exercises.
- Participate in the month-end close and consolidation process, including performance of general ledger reconciliations, account analyses and plant and division level reporting.
- Travel to other AM locations to perform peer audits including financial statement reviews and tests of controls.
- Work, as needed with the procurement department on material or service related purchases.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 3+ years hands on experience in the field of accounting.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret reports, manuals, technical procedures, governmental regulations, and client documents.
- Ability to write reports, prepare business correspondence/memos, and procedure/documentation manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management, staff, clients and vendors in written or verbal format.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree