|Atlanta, Georgia - United States
$80,000.00 - $100,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Plant Process Engineer
Located northwest of Atlanta GA: A small town right in the middle of the A-B-C triangle; about 60 miles Northwest of Atlanta, 100 miles from Birmingham AL, and 90 miles from Chattanooga TN.
What makes this position a potential positive career step?
- The Chemical Process Engineer / Plant Engineer will have a big impact in a well-established plant where the Site Manager values world class manufacturing, modern maintenance methods, and continuous improvement.
- There is an annual capital budget to achieve results. It’s always more fun to work at a site that where the company is investing on improvements rather than sites focused exclusively on short term costs.
- Our client is a multi-site chemical manufacturing company with a solid EHS program. Career paths are plentiful for a ChE. We anticipate stability for those who hope to settle in a great Southern location. But, for those who hope to be on a management track, I’m familiar with situations where they have promoted to other sites.
- This position will be a resume builder for a Process Engineer who is currently specialized in only a portion of the planned work.
More about the location: (Data from bestplaces.net)
- Low cost of living in this Historical Town (Nat’l Register of Historical Places) such that your Engineering salary will go a long way! COL index = 80 to 85 depending on your chosen neighborhood (US Average is 100)
- Beautiful area with great weather reported at about 215 sunny days per year! Plenty of outdoor activities with local mountains / rivers/ lakes and great access to the Silver Comet Trail.
- One review simply said, “Small town living with low crime rate” but in my research I’ve also noted plenty of local shopping, dining, and cultural activities. This is not an “isolated-area” like near Macon GA to the south of Atlanta. (When we talk please ask for my full report on the area.)
Reporting to the Plant Manager, this Plant Process Engineer will provide a diversity of plant support in a mid-sized chemical manufacturing plant.
As a well-rounded Plant Process Engineer you’ll become a jack-of-all-trades in a batch chemical manufacturing plant, supporting all process activities. You'll work side-by-side with the Plant Operators solving problems and you’ll partner with the Maintenance Manager and the Reliability Engineer on progressing capital projects. Eventually, you'll be in a position to both suggest and complete projects for ongoing improvements.
Areas of work will include:
- Plant trouble shooting assistance
- Yield studies and proceed optimization
- PSM support with PHA reviews
- Small capital projects with initial budgeting through design and construction support
- Start-up support for new products introduction to the plant (from R&D)
- Assist with operator training and writing SOPs as needed
- Assist with the promotion of the safe work culture and participate in root cause analysis
- B.S. Chemical Engineer
- 5+ years supporting batch organic chemical manufacturing including time spent supporting a PSM program
- Even better if…Has DCS experienceorhas supported spray-dryingoperations
- If you’ve sent me a resume and can talk about your experience in a chemical manufacturing plant where a batch organic chemical reaction takes place, we should definitely talk soon!Feel free to call me if you think it’s taking too long for me to call you!
- I have shared a ball-park salary estimate. Many factors will influence the eventual offer, including your experience level and our client’s internal salary equity. This position is open to a very wide range of talent from 5 to 25 or more years of experience so it is difficult to be exact at this point.We are not permitted to share the full confidential salary range.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree