|Creston, Iowa - United States
$65,000.00 - $75,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
This will be a great opportunitiy for a Quality Engineer to grow his/her job into a management role within 3 years when the incumbant is expected to retire. This is a large plant that does primarily assembly work. Candidates must be OK with a more rural area.
- Provides quality assurance support and leadership in assigned areas and projects.
- Provide electrical/electronic technical support for products and manufacturing areas.
- Ensures product is designed, procured, and built in accordance with quality requirements and reliability levels of company and customers.
- Develops control plans and process/product inspection requirements to create and maintain appropriate levels of control and help establish acceptance criteria.
- Communicates with suppliers regarding product quality and recognizes and identifies areas of potential risk.
- Initiates root cause analysis and drives the corrective action process.
- Designs and implements error proofing devices and fixtures.
- Conceptualizes, selects, designs, inspects and tests equipment, tooling, fixtures and software.
- Provides technical support to quality supervisor, inspectors, and auditor and assists production departments in trouble-shooting and failure mode effects analysis of processes and products.
- Participates in internal audit program and assist with maintaining ISO-9001 standards.
- BS Degree in engineering or technical degree
- Experience with control circuit boards, wiring, and electrical connectivity and motors preferred.
- Prefer 5+ year of manufacturing experience in quality
- Mathematical/statistical skills and basic computer/software operational skills including spreadsheets, word processing, databases.
- Strong organizational and managerial skills with excellent analytical, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Strong knowledge base of quality tool and techniques.
- Good interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to perform and produce results in multifunctional teams in a dynamic work environment along with written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to develop collaborative relationships and influence up, down, and across organizational lines.
- Positive attitude and a professional demeanor.
- Must be willing to travel.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree