This closed position was filled. Check out our Jobs Search Page for our current open positions similar to this one.
|Title:||Quality Assurance Sr. Manager|
|Job Location:||Baraboo, Wisconsin - United States|
|Salary:||contact recruiter for details|
|Employer Will Recruit From:||Nationwide|
Qualty, Quality Assurance Manager, Food, Dairy
This position is responsible for assuring the quality of our products that meet or exceed food safety and internal/external customer expectations by providing practical, hands-on oversight of quality programs at assigned manufacturing plants, in accordance with company policies and procedures.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice. The essential functions of this job include, but are not limited to:
• Supervises assigned plant quality managers.
• Works directly with assigned plants to ensure the proper execution of quality & laboratory policies, procedures and methods.
• Provides regular hands on support to plants, collects and reports quality key measures,
• Conducts audits of both conditions and behaviors,
• Provides support for root cause analysis and associated corrective actions that drive measurable, continuous and sustainable improvements into food safety, product quality and regulatory compliance.
• Ensuring quality policies and procedures are appropriately maintained, recorded and administered.
• Providing appropriate training in all aspects of quality systems and programs to ensure compliance with established quality process/procedures.
• Assisting plant personnel in executing quality procedures and drive sustainable improvements in the quality culture at all locations.
• Acting as a technical resource and liaison between corporate quality and manufacturing operations, government agencies, customers and other internal and external stakeholders.
• Assisting plants in reduction of non-conformances.
• Acting as a technical resource for root cause investigation and resolution of quality issues at a plant level.
• Maintaining quality-related score card metrics, developing and executing plans to meet and improve metrics.
• Providing assistance to plants in developing and documenting quality best practices
• Performing plant quality audits as needed.
• Identifying quality process improvement opportunities and recommending appropriate process changes.
• Regular and punctual attendance and physical presence in the workplace.
• Timely and accurate completion of duties.
• Frequent travel for work, up to 66% of the time.
The following are required competencies of the position that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job:
• Computer Skills: Ability to operate all information technology related business systems, programs and applications in a manner that achieves efficiency, accuracy, and relevancy of information processing and reporting as it applies to this position.
• Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, scientific journals, technical documents and governmental regulations. Ability to understand application research related terminology and government regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to speak effectively to employees, customers and suppliers concerning technical issues.
• Mathematical Skills: Ability to perform calculations, and provide advice relating to the application of mathematics and chemistry to food processing. Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of trigonometry, and plane and solid geometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
• Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Other Skills & Abilities: Requires the ability to operate a variety of standard business machines. The ability to drive a motor vehicle, and maintaining a valid driver’s license. Maintain technical competency and remain current in changes in the industry. Must maintain technical competency in quality and remain current with changes in associated technology, industry and regulations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Physical Demands – Employee is continuously (more than 67 to 100%% of time) required to: use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects, tools, or controls, sit; to verbally communicate; and to hear. The employee is occasionally (up to 33% of the time) required to walk and stand. The employee must occasionally (up to 33% of the time) lift and/or move up to 55 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
• Work Environment – The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock, wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles. The noise level is usually moderate.
• Protective Equipment – This position may need personal protective equipment that is appropriate for the job being performed, such as hearing protection, food safety clothing and other.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
This position requires a Bachelor Degree in Food Science, Microbiology, or related field of study, knowledge related to the job and three to five years of job-related experience.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree