Deposit Compliance Officer
|Pine Bluff, Arkansas - United States
$85,000.00 - $150,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Deposit Compliance Officer:
Under limited direction, the Deposit Compliance Officer supports the mission critical deposit compliance program for the Client bank, which includes but is not limited to: assisting in the execution of an oversight and monitoring program and risk assessment process, preparation of compliance-related communications, training, policies and procedures, committee and management reports, and advising on new product development strategies and corporate projects.
Deposit Compliance Officer:
- Design, implement, administer and monitor programs, policies and practices to insure that all applicable departments are in compliance with federal, state and local regulatory requirements.
- Serve on the Client bank’s Compliance Committee.
- Provide compliance support to deposits by participating on product development teams and other business projects.
- Oversee the Client bank’s Privacy program. Responsible for ensuring the Client bank’s compliance with overdraft programs including monitoring, tracking and implementing policies, procedures and forms.
- Assist with the coordination of compliance training presentations and exercises with all Client bank personnel, including material presented to employees during the new hire orientation process.
- Monitor changes in laws, regulations and examination trends through external regulatory services and distributing related information, in a timely manner, to all applicable areas of the company. Ensures that regulatory changes are fully incorporated and implemented in policies and procedures within required time frames.
- Assist in the preparation of compliance audits and regulatory exams.
- Assist in the development of the annual risk assessments for the deposit lines of business and create the appropriate compliance testing program, commensurate with the identified levels of risk.
- Perform regular compliance testing to ensure the effectiveness of implemented compliance controls and recommend and evaluate any remediation plans that take occur as part of testing process.
- Coordinate testing efforts with the line of business, Internal Audit and Risk Management within the Client bank to share information and otherwise advance the established control processes designed to meet regulatory requirements.
- Assist in the oversight and tracking of issues and remediation plans and escalate unresolved items to the Management Compliance Committee.
- Establish and maintain regular, direct and informal communication with deposits employees and outsourced vendor partners that support origination and servicing of products.
Deposit Compliance Officer - Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or relevant course of study – required.
- 5+ years’ recent experience which includes in-depth working knowledge of all client banking and compliance regulations applicable to deposit accounts and operations – required.
- Lead and/or supervisory experience – preferred.
- CRCM (Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager) – strongly preferred.
- Professional credentials in compliance, risk and/or audit –desired but not required.
- Provides an exceptional level of quality service for internal/external customers; responds to customers' needs, questions and concerns in an accurate, effective, and timely manner.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships with all business units, management, staff, regulators and audit personnel, to achieve common goals.
- Strong listening, verbal, written, and telephone etiquette business communication skills, including effective questioning strategies and presentation skills; with the ability to read, write, speak, and understand English well.
- Comprehensive understanding of client bank operations, with advanced knowledge and training in all operational, deposit activities and terminology – required.
- Thoroughly understands and applies principles, procedures, compliance requirements, state/federal regulations, and policies related to assigned area.
- Working knowledge of all areas of the organization and ability to develop a clear understanding of the company's key functional processes and resources, effectively partnering with all lines of business to lead and affect process changes and improvements.
- Proficient and advanced use and understanding MS Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook), and the Client bank’s core processing system, with the ability to adapt to new products and technologies quickly.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree