Deposit Operations Business Risk Program Lead
|Memphis, Tennessee - United States
$65,000.00 - $135,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
The Deposit Operations Business Risk Program Lead will be held fully accountable for the oversight of deposit operational risk including payments risk supervision and fraud prevention/investigations. Will be required to liaison with internal bank employees and examiners during deposit regulatory audits.
- Detailing and presenting deposit operational risk management training based on subject matter expertise to business owners explicit to the risk of the line of business (ex: payments risk including consumer and treasury risks, fraud prevention and other developing deposit risks).
- Documenting fraud events, reviewing trends and implementing controls for lines of businesses that are susceptible to higher risk fraud attempts
- Supervision of the payments risks areas including consumer payments, treasury services, and internal funds transfers.
- Creates and sustains a maintainable and effective due diligence and ongoing treasury review process that comprises appropriate testing, escalations for late reviews and workflow efficiencies.
- Tasked w/leading the deposit operational risk group in cooperative quarterly reporting on position of operational risk program.
- Serves as the escalation point for all payment processing, higher risk client escalations, and additional risk issues.
- Documents operational risk assessments of all deposit products and presentation of risk assessment outcomes to the chosen committee of the Bank and integrating risk assessments into the Bank’s enterprise risk management risk model.
- Consulting with stakeholders on initiatives and programs that may influence the payments systems, operational risk direction and accountable for providing risk control requirements to the initiative.
- Monitoring daily business and regulatory events that may influence the payment system and providing analytical insight and recommendation about the incident for the bank to be cognizant of or act upon.
- Documenting workflows, value chains and constructing endorsements for improvements and controls.
- Authenticating the Bank’s fraud risk assessment, fraud policy and procedures and ensuring these are incorporated into the Bank’s operational risk program.
Education & Experience:
- Automation skills that provide worth in workflow efficiencies for improving risk management strategies.
- Estimated 20% travel to various office locations of business lines
- Must have a minimum 5 years of meaningful deposit operational risk management experience with strong written and verbal skills, organizational skills with the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment.
- Ability to interact efficiently with all levels of management, legal counsel, law enforcement, regulators and examiners while maintaining stringent confidentiality.
- Robust management skills, decision making and analytical aptitudes with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Capability to provide broad and detailed information to all levels of management.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree