Senior Project Engineer
|Chicago, Illinois - United States
$110,000.00 - $120,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
|plus annual bonus at 15 to 30%
case by case lump sum relo
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Join a well-established company as they implementing their continuous improvement and growth plan. They have a capital budget to spend and have been adding staff in the areas of project engineering, EHS continuous improvement, and sales. As they further optimize their current process and/or developed new products, on a parallel path they are also developing new business.
Our client is a global manufacturer of specialty chemicals used in industrial and consumer products. The Senior Project Engineer will oversee the design and construction of capital improvement and replacement projects for their Chicago, IL manufacturing site. Reporting to the Engineering Manager this individual will be responsible for overseeing the successful concept through start-up of projects while ensuring the projects are under or on budget, on schedule, and that specifications are being adhered to in a safe manner. This will include:
- Study existing processes, equipment, manufacturing procedures to identify areas for potential improvement projects
- Must understand chemical processes and bottlenecks, production and maintenance with a focus on developing projects in order to make improvements
- Work collaboratively with the Site Manager, Engineering Manager, and internal Electrical, Chemical, Mechanical and consulting Civil Engineers involved with the design, cost estimation, bid-packages, contractor selection, construction and start-up
- Apply design knowledge in chemical plants, especially continuous process, to the process, electrical, instrumentation and controls, mechanical and structural / civil design.
- Analyze complex engineering problems and offer effective resolutions.
- Interact with design engineers, site engineers, and regulatory agencies.
- Provide insight, guidance, and technical review of engineering and design drawings, specifications; procurement documents, bid evaluations of equipment and systems required to support the contract.
- Provide insight, guidance, technical review and approval of project documents and submittals.
- Be a technical resource to the start-up and testing /commissioning group during startup, testing and commissioning of the plant.
- BS Mechanical Engineering, Chemical or equivalent engineering degree
- 10 plus years’ capital project engineering work experience in chemical or petrochemical plants
- Project Management expertise; engineering and design of chemical process projects, with the demonstrated ability to work with cross discipline team members.
- Proven system installation, startup, testing and commissioning experience.
- Effective written and verbal presentation skills.
- Authorized to work for any employer in the USA without restrictions.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree