|Job Location:||York, Pennsylvania - United States|
|Salary:||$70,000.00 - $80,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly|
|Employer Will Recruit From:||Nationwide|
Good opportunity in the Northeast for a Flexible Films R & D Engineer
As one of our Innovation Engineers you will lead and participate in the development of innovation for existing products and develop exciting new products by providing direction and support to all aspects of the innovation pipeline including product concept, design of experiment, technical analysis, validation, product introduction and commercialization support. As a member of our Innovation Team, you will proactively drive to optimize product innovation development time, quality, efficiency of processes, and the Pursuit of Excellence of our Customer’s Experience translating new ideas into technical solutions.
You will develop a technical understanding of the manufacturing processes, products and markets, and using Project Management and Lean Six Sigma tools oversee the commercialization of development projects. This position requires a clear understanding of the business impact of project decisions to enable you to determine and initiate the best course of action and engage other internal and external resources appropriately to accomplish project objectives.
This position requires demonstrable success in the development of innovative products that have delivered significant business growth. The candidate must have an entrepreneurial, creative spirit and serve as a Company ambassador when interacting with all stakeholders.
Whether beginning your career or expanding your career development, Herculite offers a working environment with a diverse mixture rich in innovative thinking, teamwork, engineering, laboratory testing, raw material qualification and around the clock manufacturing operations. Our flat organization structure encourages all Associates to contribute fresh ideas that drive opportunity and reward.
• Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Engineering, Textile Technology or related degree required;
• 2 + years’ experience in Innovation, R&D or Process Engineering managing multiple projects simultaneously;
• Optimistic success oriented, customer centered, can-do attitude with a deep commitment to teamwork and a lead by example style contributing to our positive, success oriented work environment;
• Demonstrated ability to facilitate Innovation. Proven track record successfully commercializing innovative products & services to achieve quantifiable bottom line results;
• Excellent computer and analytical skills coupled with written & verbal communication and collaboration skills including making presentations and engaging all levels of the organization and ownership;
• Experience in Coating, Laminating, Extrusion, Printing and/or Flexible Packaging working with films, resins, adhesive bonding and engineered textiles preferred;
• Knowledge of the analytical techniques required in the characterization of raw material and finished product materials. Ability to design and execute experiments and trial plans and write test protocols. Ability to trouble shoot;
• Work with product engineering and customer representatives to develop innovative product designs. Understand and establish project constraints to determine most efficient and cost effective methods to manufacture products;
• Ability to follow standards where available, implement new standards and develop documentation and procedures to ensure manufacturing capabilities, quality assurance and meet customer specifications;
• Develop intellectual property including patents and trade secrets;
• Support the launch of new products;
• Perform laboratory procedures in support of product development. Supervise experimental job orders. Prepare technical documentation for file storage and marketing and provide technical service;
• Understand, encourage and demonstrate a firm commitment to ISO 9001 & Lean Manufacturing;
• Make sound decisions that improve individual productivity and company performance. Maintain efficiency, reduce waste and preserve company assets through process improvements and elimination of non-value activities;
• Maintain lean 5S program in lab and office area
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How can we make this page better for you? Add your suggestions below.