Vice President-Manager Data Science
|Research Triangle Park, North Carolina - United States
$150,000.00 - $185,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Excellent opportunity to join a global leader in Business Intelligence and Digital Marketing who is seeking a technical leader to guide our clients team of data scientists who work on highly visible projects that improve performance and grow product suite. Successful candidate will leading and manage the team to solve ever more complex business problems in imaginative and innovative ways. Data Scientists are deeply involved in all stages of product development. The Data Science Lead will work with technical specialists to scope opportunities for technology, research new methods, prototype creative new algorithms, and deploy analytic software solutions. Our client faces challenges of solving prediction and classification problems on multiple petabytes of high-dimensional data where our client's customers require near real-time results.
The Head/Lead of Data Science will:
- \Motivate, coach, evaluate, and lead a team of data scientists.
- Build a sense of engagement and dedication to our client's mission, placing individuals on projects that meet their abilities and grow their skills.
- Build and grow the existing data science team through attracting, hiring, and onboarding talent.
- Know when to make skill tradeoff decisions to hire top talent.
- Navigate and influence your employee's expectations on all fronts by leaning into conversations and addressing your team's needs and balancing them with business demands.
- Communicate effectively with a team of strong personalities and make sure all contributors are heard and their views are represented.
- Remove blockers and develop organizational relationships that enable your team to reach their goals.
- Deliver your own technical contributions by applying your domain knowledge and performing code reviews of your team's projects.
- Advance the way our client builds software, leading as an example of methodologies for development and contributing to the development of an extensible analytic architecture.
- Champion quality analytic solutions, combining science with the software development process and challenging current data science trends with new ideas and alternative methods.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a technical field related to software development such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, etc.·
- Skills in combining software development and scientific research methodologies to build commercial, analytical software products
- Management experience leading quantitative teams of software engineers and/or scientists, preferably leading teams in multiple geographic locations across the United States.
- Prior experience as an individual technical contributor, preferably in a domain that is relevant.
- Experience building large teams of technical talent.
- Proficiency in tools used to analyze data (e.g. SQL,R, Spark) and develop solutions (e.g. Python, Scala, Java, C++)·
- Familiarity with Agile software development methodologies and how they can be applied to data science teams.
University - Master's Degree