Vice President-Commercial Lending Offier-Relationship Banker
|Santa Maria, California - United States
$110,000.00 - $140,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Excellent opportunity to join a growing global commercial lender offering excellent compensation, benerfits and career track.
The Vice President-Relationship Manager is responsible for: originate, close, and service new and existing business in the market segment assigned, and for portfolio and risk management coordination with different areas within the bank.
- Actively develops and participates in a business development program to obtain new loans, deposits, and fee-based business.
- Cross-sells corporate financial products, including cash management, leasing, and treasury management services with profitability objectives.
- Works independently and in partnership with Financial Analysts and Loan Process Coordinators, and oversees underwriting and structuring of loans.
- Although supported by analysts, this position is ultimately responsible for credit quality and proper loan structure. Incumbent must understand credit needs of the client, and be able to recommend proper credit structure to meet client's financial needs.
- Participates in industry groups and community, civic events to promote Bank products and services.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Portfolio management, establishing key relationships, business development, and promotion of the full range of Bank's services and products (i.e. cash management/ treasury products, trust services, swaps, etc.)
- Manages existing loans to ensure complete compliance with terms of approval and Bank's credit policy
- Follows existing loans to ensure complete compliance with terms approval; manages delinquencies at an acceptable level
- Develops a network of prospective client referral sources through community and business development activities
- Effectively represents the Bank while calling on potential or existing customers to develop new business and expand client relationships
- Interviews applicants to obtain sufficient information concerning their specific projects, financial needs, and goals to make acceptable risk determinations for proposed Bank loans
- Initiates promotion of other Bank products and services to strengthen client relationships
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Undergraduate degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or AG related field preferred; or High School diploma with minimum of 5+ years of lending and business development experience, preferably in an AG capacity
- Must be able to negotiate, structure, and underwrite loans, make solid credit recommendations, and manage credit risk
- Proficient with MS Word, and MS Excel
- Possess excellent human relations, communications, and business writing skills
- Ability to work effectively without direct supervision
- Ability to comprehend and interpret Bank policies and procedures
- Possess effective time management and organizational skills
- Demonstrates teamwork in facilitating workflow
- High level of cooperation with others
- Exemplary motivation, enthusiasm, professionalism, and team skills
- High level of accuracy and great attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Possess full knowledge of retail banking services
- Ability to make administrative decisions
- Demonstrates with excellent customer service skills
- Ability to cope with pressure resulting from meeting required deadlines, reporting requirements, and training responsibilities
- Ability to make sound decisions for the Bank when utilizing signing authority
- Exhibit high degree of professionalism and confidentiality in handling and having access to sensitive customer or employee information
- Ability to handle constant use of tact, discretion, and good judgment
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree