Electrical Engineer/Motor Controls
|Amherst, New York - United States
contact recruiter for details
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Are you an innovative design engineer who enjoys analyzing and problem-solving? Do you possess strong initiative and adaptability to lead product changes? Our client is seeking a perceptive Electrical Engineer NY facility.
- Oversee design and application of motor drive and electronics to AC compressor product
- Establish test plans and coordinate test programs
- Assist with preparation and execution of test units
- Develop usage profile with software engineer, code engineer, and customer calibration engineer
- Analyze test data and organize results relative to internal or customer specifications with observations and conclusions
- Apply engineering practices to reach design solutions
- Coordinate design activities related to components within the compressor product and release appropriate product drawings
- Initiate and lead product changes by following appropriate change procedures
- Participate in innovation, product cost and quality improvement initiatives
- Participate in cross-functional teams related to customer program launch activity
- Work with suppliers and manufacturing plants to insure product design for high value and manufacturability
The Electrical Engineer will be responsible for developing the electrically driven AC compressor that performs in conjunction with future hybrid or fully electrified powertrains, and driving the development of electric motor and inverter key components.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical or Computer Engineering
- 5+ years’ experience with electric motor drive design/development
- Good written and oral skills – ability to convey technical concepts
- Ability to manage time and organize effectively with multiple projects
The successful candidate will be a part of a globally recognized company that offers technologically innovative solutions for automotive and industrial applications. The company attributes their success to having diverse, competent teams of innovative, out of the box thinkers who want to reach their full potential, and by giving back to their community through various social engagement activities.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree