This closed position was filled. Check out our Jobs Search Page for our current open positions similar to this one.
|Job Location:||San Luis Obispo, California - United States|
|Salary:||$100,000.00 - $120,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly|
|Employer Will Recruit From:||
love someone already in or used to live in CA
Seeking a Senior Software Engineer with hardware affinity. This is a higher level bridge between the SW that gathers and delivers the data…and the HW which is instrumentation used to measure and calibrate.
Get creative using these tools - GitHub, TeamCity, TestRail, and Octopus Deploy.
This is a small be active team – a lot of collaboration and trustfulness. The others here like to hike, bike and surf as well as enjoy the nearby wineries. Great place to raise families and/or escape the stress of LA and Silicon Valley.
KEY - Most of the team have graduated from CalPoly San Luis Obispo – they fell in love with the areaand now can find stimulating work that furthers their professional careers.
As a senior member of the software engineering team, will be mentoring less experienced colleagues by providing guidance on how designs should be implemented and choices in new technologies. Will not spend all day at monitor....will actually handle the hardware as prototype and in testing lab.
Be responsible for:
• Creating and maintaining applications and services used to manage information systems and Calibration Lab infrastructure.
• Creating and maintaining customer applications.
• Provide new technology guidance to keep our systems relevant and able to leverage new automation techniques.
• Design robust software and system architectures that are easy to test, and use clear patterns and practices.
• Mentor less experienced software engineering colleagues.
• BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field.
• 8-10 years ideal (will consider 5-7 years) of experience in the software engineering involving hardware.
• Experience with designing software architectures on large systems.
• Understanding of system orchestration and how to deploy dependent versions across multiple systems in one release.
Technologies: (In order of priority)
• Microsoft .NET Framework and C# language
• Nuget, NPM, Yarn
• Microsoft SQL Server
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree