|Title:||Director of Operations|
|Job Location:||Geoge Town - General Post Office, Grand Cayman - Cayman Islands|
|Salary:||$225,000.00 - $275,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly|
|Employer Will Recruit From:||Nationwide|
Director of Operations
Reporting to the CEO, the Director of Finance and Operations (DFO) will have overall oversight and day-to-day responsibility for the finance and operations of the Cayman offices . The DFO will work with the CEO and COO in planning, directing and overseeing the Finance,Operations, Technology, People, and Marketing departments. The DFO will help the organization execute long-term and short term strategic initiatives through adept and demonstrated judgement, vision, management and leadership.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Strategy and Planning
• Work closely with the CEO, COO and other senior members of the DMS team to develop and
implement strategies for driving the future success of the organization.
• Manage the current relationships with third-party suppliers and servicers in light of the agreed
• Develop and implement advanced management information systems that provide accurate, indepth
KPIs and management information reporting to the CEO and COO to ensure optimal
• Promote a culture of high performance, continuous improvement and commitment to quality.
Financial accounting and reporting
• Oversee the preparation and timely delivery of accurate financial statements and reports for the
CEO, COO and Board.
• Lead budget forecast preparation, and preparation of the annual financial plan in consultation
with the CEO and COO.
• Working closely with the Senior Financial Controller and other finance staff to maintain financial
accounting systems that ensure appropriate financial policies, processes and controls are in place
to meet ail relevant commercial and regulatory requirements.
• Oversee the preparation for the annual audit with the external auditors.
• Working with laaS, SaaS, PaaS and BPO providers to develop and implement value delivery
solutions that drive business growth, innovation, and profitability across the organization.
• Working closely with the Chief Technology Officer and IT Manager to manage technology and
data to ensure alignment with organizational needs and control the impact of IT spend on the
• Maintain an up-to-date risk register
Modified: 24 June 2017
• Monitor risk management policies and procedures to ensure that Finance, Operations, People
and Technology risks are minimized.
• Oversee and supervise the administrative function of the office premises. Lead on office space
planning to meet organizational needs and ail other office facility projects.
• Oversee the management of ail leases, contracts and other financial commitments.
• Ensure adherence with Cayman Islands legislation and up to date policies are in place that meet
relevant legislative and regulatory requirements.
Serves as a senior role model for the organization's culture and values.
Provides strong leadership and effective management to maintain highly motivated teams
prepared to meet the demands of a dynamic and high growth business environment.
Promotes team building and communication across the organization through mentorship,
collaboration, team events, and committees.
Establishes and monitors staff performance and development goals in conjunction with People +
Manages and cultivates existing relationships with stakeholders, both internal and external,
ensuring the vision of the CEO and COO is represented in all strategic decisions.
Required Qualifications & Experience
• Minimum of Bachelor's degree. MBA or other advanced degree preferred.
• Professional qualification. CPA or CA preferred.
• Minimum five years of proven experience in relevant role. Ten or more years with professional
services firm preferred.
The ideal candidate for us will have operational and IT exposure preferably with a legal, accounting or other professional services firm, having between 200 – 500 professionals. The finance is always easy to get, it’s the operational and IT that is more difficult.
University - Master's Degree
How can we make this page better for you? Add your suggestions below.