AI Mobility and Robotics Business Development Director - Remote Role
|Detroit, Michigan - United States
contact recruiter for details
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
This role is a great opportunity to join a pioneering AI technology company at the initial commercialization stage and play a formative role in the adoption of AI solutions across a multi-billion-dollar market. Reporting to the Sr. Director of Customer Success and Business Development, this is a key position responsible for driving business development (60%) and sales (40%) of AI Mobility (Automotive and Electric Vehicle) and Robotics solutions.
AI Business Development Director ~ Mobility and Robotics
Things that will stimulate an interview:
- Having closed deals in AI Mobility and Robotics
- Having an *Active Rolodex* in AI Mobility and Robotics
- Being hardware-focused
- Have a semiconductor background
- Strong experience with ADAS, Automotive, Electrical Vehicles, Autonomous Vehicles, Last Mile robotics, Commercial Drones or Closed Campus Autonomous Transport.
- AI Automotive solutions with a focus on platforms, not just silicon.
- Robotics with a focus on mobility robotics like last-mile delivery robots.
- Vehicle Electronics & Electrical Systems with a focus on ADAS (Advanced Driver Assistance Systems) & autonomous control systems.
- AI market & technology understanding and experience
- Auto industry understanding and experience. Auto industry contacts. Large deals managed & closed
- Robotics industry understanding and experience. Contacts. Large deals managed & closed
- Examples of large multi-year strategic business deals they have identified, developed, managed and closed outside of auto & robots.
The Business Development Director, Mobility and Robotics will draw on firsthand knowledge of market-leading customers and ecosystems to secure anchor customers, propel pipeline development, and quickly grow revenues from scratch to volume and scale. Candidates should have deep knowledge of Last-Mile Delivery Solutions, Vehicle Electronics & Electrical Systems and Robotics, as well as experience and skills in developing initial pipelines for early-stage pioneering companies while managing business development and sales processes and global teams in support of that goal. Compensation is structured with a significant variable upside aligned with this focus.
- Act as the expert and leader on for Mobility and Robotics markets.
- Partner with our leadership team to develop and implement a successful strategy for the mobility and robotics markets.
- Identify, recruit, and manage relationships with leading automotive OEMs and Tier 1s, robotics OEMs and associated ecosystem partners across the market segments.
- Define, build, implement and manage the mobility and robotics go-to-market strategy.
- Define, build and manage a robust opportunity pipeline across the mobility and robotics markets required to meet company revenue targets.
- Define, build, negotiate and manage required business programs & structures with pipeline targets and ecosystem partners.
- Collaborate with cross-functional, global teams to enable success and optimal time to revenue.
- Prepare and give business reviews to the leadership team regarding progress towards targets.
- Manage monthly forecasting, sales opportunities, and account business plans.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree with 10+ years of business development and sales experience in technology.
- Hands-on experience leading technology business development and/or sales in the automotive and robotics markets. Experience in electric autonomous vehicles a plus.
- Master’s degree or MBA is a plus.
- An experienced global leader and motivator of business development and sales teams.
- Experience selling AI Automotive solutions or managing and deploying machine learning products.
- Technical foundation and strong business knowledge of the AI industry with skills to provide value-add in solving partner and customer challenges.
- Strong analytical skills and demonstrated ability to turn detailed data analysis into useful strategic insight in order to drive customer adoption and make appropriate recommendations to the business.
- Proven track record of successfully growing and exceeding revenue targets for innovative, new and groundbreaking industry solutions.
- Provide inspirational leadership and drive organizational growth and change.
- Must have a background in Semiconductor sales.
- Experience in identifying and qualifying prospects for product alignment to enable efficient paths to revenue opportunities.
- Strong executive presence including communication and presentation skills with a high degree of comfort to large and small audiences.
- Experience collaborating with geographically dispersed sales teams and complex sales cycles. Global team management experience is a plus.
- Experience with pricing strategies, channel economics, and negotiation tactics.
- Experience with leading alliances and driving complex deal negotiations.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and prioritize work streams based on the company’s top objectives
- Must be able to travel up to 50% domestically and internationally (post-pandemic)
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree