|Title:||AP & Payroll Manager|
|Job Location:||Bellevue, Washington - United States|
|Salary:||contact recruiter for details|
|Employer Will Recruit From:||Local|
We are looking for a seasoned, highly motivated Payroll and A/P Manager reporting to the Corporate Controller. You will serve as an integral member of our Finance Team, leading our payroll function to ensure that our payroll is processed efficiently and effectively. Qualified candidates will have extensive payroll administration experience, and will excel in a collaborative, team-oriented environment. A keen eye and attention to detail are critical., as are proven organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and work well in an environment with competing demands.
What You Will Do:
· Oversee and manage bi-weekly, multi-state processing of payroll including review of leave of absence payments, retroactive payments, bonuses, and new hires\changes\terms.
· Review quarterly and annual tax filings for all jurisdictions and resolve problems, as needed.
· Ensure that payroll and tax transactions are processed timely and accurately, including other non-wage-related items (e.g., equity-related income, taxable benefits and/or reimbursements, HSA, FSA, 401k).
· Oversee W-2 forms to ensure accurate and timely processing.
· Coordinate and partner with HR to keep all payroll records accurate and up to date.
· Ensure all payroll activities posted to the general ledger and payroll accounts are reconciled timely and accurately, including PTO accruals and sick leave.
· Develop and coordinate timekeeping and payroll systems to process payroll account transactions (e.g. salaries, benefits, garnishments, deductions, taxes, and third-party payments).
· Proactively participate with internal partners (i.e. HR, Legal, Finance, Accounting) to review cross-departmental impacts and work with external partners (i.e. auditors and vendors) for the purpose of compliance, internal control, and audits.
· Support month-end close as needed
· Analyze complex transactions and provide recommendations on how to record in the system to ensure accurate accounting.
· Identify, recommend and implement strategies to reduce cycle time and improve department effectiveness, service quality, and productivity.
· Responsible for mitigating the risk of fraudulent payments by having an understanding of all payments being made and ensuring adherence to all fraud prevention policies.
· Review and process complex vendor invoices with accuracy. Ensuring proper coding, documentation, approval, and PO compliance. Ensure proper allocations of expenses across departments, products, and projects.
· Directly support month-end close including tracking of vendor invoices for completeness and review of the general ledger for proper coding. Record journal entries, re-classes of expenses and accruals as needed.
· Work with vendors to structure early payment terms/discounts.
· Work with Purchasing to determine if vendor payments can be transitioned to a Company procurement card.
· Maintain files and documentation accurately in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices. Assist in the documentation of
internal AP Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), review annually with peers, and edit for accuracy.
· Direct payroll procedures and maintain payroll guidelines by writing and updating policies and procedures.
· Manage internal control policies and processes for the payroll team to ensure compliance with internal company policies, payroll tax obligations, and federal, state, and local laws.
· Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
· Liaise with auditors, and act as the main point of contact for payroll audits. Identify audit issues and take appropriate action to resolve any audit findings.
· Collaborate and work closely with Human Resources (HR) to ensure compliance with worker status issues, including Fair Labor Standards Act, employment taxes (FUTA wage base, tax rate, credit), employee benefits, employee and employer forms.
· Maintain current knowledge of applicable state and federal wage and hour laws. Monitor regulatory and legislative developments affecting payroll. Interpret and implement changes related to applicable regulations.
· Research tax and regulatory requirements working with external advisors as necessary.
· Collaborating with HR team members on LOA, FMLA, and State Leaves to ensure compliance and accurate processing per laws and policies.
· Creates, prepares, and maintains management reports, including weekly, monthly, quarterly, and year-end reports (gross payroll, hours worked, vacation accrual, tax deductions, benefit deductions, etc.).
Systems and Projects
· Maintain Payroll system interface and own the preparation of all payroll-related reports, including earnings, taxes, deductions, leaves, disability, nontaxable wages, and governmental and regulatory filings.
· Initiate and participate in business process improvement activities as it relates to the area of payroll and tax, taking responsibility for making and implementing efficiency and enhancing recommendations.
· Provide formal and ad-hoc analysis of payroll-related data.
· Make recommendations for system enhancements to drive improved accuracy and efficiency.
Who You Are:
· You are experienced in payroll administration and have a deep knowledge of payroll regulations.
· You have a strong knowledge of local, state, and federal payroll tax guidelines in multiple jurisdictions.
· You have been an effective manager of the payroll process for multiple entities and have a thorough understanding of how to drive system and process improvements.
· You thrive in complex, high-growth environments.
· You have unquestioned integrity and are obsessed with accuracy.
· You are customer-service-focused in all interactions with internal and external stakeholders.
· You have a broad general knowledge of accounting principles.
· 5-8 years experience with payroll. Certified Payroll Professional Certification (CPP Certification) is a plus.
· In-depth knowledge of US tax payroll regulations and reporting requirements, including current federal and multi-state payroll tax experience.
· Solid working knowledge of enterprise-wide HRIS/Payroll systems required, experience with Paycom is a strong plus.
· Experience working with an hourly workforce. Experience processing payroll for companies with 500+ employees.
· Strong attention to detail, organizational and time management skills; the ability to handle multiple priorities within deadlines is required.
· Ability to always maintain confidentiality, exercise discretion, and good judgment.
· Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office products., with a strong knowledge of Excel.
· Ability to adapt to a high-growth, hands-on culture.