|Brampton Central, Ontario - Canada
contact recruiter for details
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Since its inception in 1986, our client has earned a solid reputation for meeting the unique needs of the Canadian market through its unwavering commitment to a rigorous engineering focus, constant improvement and category-defining innovation.
Our client is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of drive technology – for mechanical and electronic solutions. The range of products includes geared motors, motors, industrial gear units, gear drives, frequency inverters, motor starters and frequency inverters for decentralized drive control. Our client assembles custom, high-efficiency mechanical power transmission products using quality company-built components.
Our client’s products and services enhance the reliability of equipment used worldwide, supporting industries such as transportation, mining, energy, food & beverage.
IN DEMAND Recruitment & Consulting Inc. is currently recruiting for an APPLICATIONS ENGINEER for our Brampton, ON client.
The Application Engineer acts as the primary technical point of contact for both external and internal customers. They provide industry leading technical and customer service while building and enhancing positive customer relationships. The incumbent is an expert about the various products and services offered by our client and uses sound judgment to determine the most effective approach in handling customer inquiries, concerns and complaints in a timely fashion. The Application Engineer also develops and maintains excellent internal relationships to ensure the industry leading customer experience.
- Representing our client as the first point of contact for external and internal customer technical inquiries.
- Respond quickly to inbound inquiries from customers regarding the Company’s products and services.
- Investigate and resolve customer complaints, issues and problems, and coordinate with others, internally and externally, as needed to ensure customer satisfaction. Escalating more difficult and/or contentious calls and inquiries to appropriate parties for resolution.
- Provide services and sales assistance; process quotes, orders, drawings, technical information accurately and efficiently on behalf of customers.
- Build and maintain a positive customer experience by providing consistency and excellence in technical customer service, and by helping to achieve sales, customer service and quality goals.
- Identify opportunities to cross-sell and up-sell products and services, and close sales.
- Develop and manage effective internal and external working relationships by partnering with other departments, subsidiaries, external vendors, suppliers and distributors to ensure smooth and efficient processes, effective problem resolution and a positive customer experience.
- Perform various administrative tasks, including maintaining and updating hard copy and electronic files/records. Maintain accurate tracking of customer interactions, including original customer inquiries, actions taken to resolve and follow-up.
- Remain current on guidelines, policies, procedures, products and services.
- Attend and participate in training, coaching and orientation sessions, as needed.
- Identify and report on trends in customer inquiries and issues.
- Contribute to the development of new methods and techniques to improve the customer experience.
- Participate in special projects such as customer notifications and mailings, product recalls, and special customer appreciation events and promotions.
Other Knowledge and Skills:
- Effective problem identification and resolution skills.
- Ability to cope with changing needs and requirements, often with limited time and available information.
- Ability to effectively manage conflict and identify appropriate instances for escalation of problems.
- Highly accurate and detail-oriented.
- Motivated, results-oriented and self-directed, with excellent follow through.
- Good computer skills with knowledge of MS Office, Microsoft CRM, SAP, CAD.
- Willingness to work collaboratively with team members, other departments, management, key stakeholders, and customers.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision as well as in a team environment.
Must be fluent in English for this position. Bilingual French would be a definite asset.
- At minimum, post-secondary education in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Mechatronic) or a related field is preferred (additional courses in telephone etiquette, customer care and/or communications would be an asset).
- A minimum of two years’ experience in a customer service or technical role, or equivalent, preferably in high volume customer service environment.
- Knowledge of power transmission products, electronic products (VFD’s) or electric motors is an asset.
Qualified and interested applicants are encouraged to apply today in confidence by sending your resume as a MS Word Document
ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree