Account Manager (Industrial)
|Hamptonville, North Carolina - United States
$80,000.00 - $110,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Reporting to the VP Global Sales and Engineering, this position will be a key in the development, implementation and establishment of sales and marketing strategies for North American off-highway and heavy truck markets. This position will have full account management and will work closely with purchasing, engineering design, R&D and manufacturing. A key focus will be in the area of establishing new relationships in the US, profitability management, customer strategy and managing problem resolution
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop new business opportunities for, and actively work to manage these opportunities through internal business processes, to establish and present customer proposals that will convert these opportunities into profitable new business.
- Interact with the research and development, engineering and manufacturing functions to coordinate any activities necessary for superior customer satisfaction. Define improved product concepts, new product needs and sales opportunities. Assume a leadership role in providing “voice of the customer” definition for future market opportunities.
- Recommend pricing policies and strategies, develop and prepare marketing and sales budgets within respective area, and perform monthly sales forecast. Prepare monthly and quarterly reports indicating marketing activities, sales volume and swings, potential liabilities, prospective clients and other measures of sales and marketing performance.
- Establish marketing and sales development priorities; assess their respective opportunities with appropriate research to contribute to the development of domestic and international planning and strategy.
- Identify, organize, and communicate competitor activities and innovative developments with the intent of recommending strategic options to maximize long term profitability and stability of the business.
- Prepare sales presentations and proposals that explain capabilities, products and applications.
- Attend and participate in sales and trade show conferences to obtain information about market conditions, business trends and industry developments while promoting products and service solutions.
- Prepare monthly forecasts and assist in the annual business plan.
- Support facility and corporate wide Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma initiatives.
- Must be knowledgeable in the effective use of Lean Six Sigma (LSS) tools and concepts to assist in process improvements, both internally and externally. Serve as an active participant in LSS programs that promote continuous improvement.
Education, Experience, Skills and Abilities Required for Consideration as a Candidate:
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering, Marketing or Business discipline.
- 5+ years of professional sales experience in industrial manufactured goods and services with direct OEM customer management experience. Industry experience should include expertise in the selling of engineered products to off-highway, heavy truck, construction vehicle, agricultural vehicle and/or other industrial markets, directly to major OEMs and Tier One level suppliers.
- Strong technical experience and good product knowledge.
- Ability to use a variety of advanced software applications (MS Office, Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate a high level of activity under a variety of conditions and constraints with a minimum amount of structure and direction.
- Excellent communication and negotiating skills, both written and oral.
- Articulate, well organized and self-motivated.
- Experience in thermal and acoustics utilizing metals and nonwoven fibers is desired.
- Project Management Training.
- BSME preferred; MBA a plus.
- Experience with Volvo-Mack and/or Caterpillar strongly preferred.
- Experience managing distributors/fabricators is desired.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree