Accounting Manager - Chef Comptable
|Saguenay-Lac-St-Jean (Alouette), Quebec - Canada
contact recruiter for details
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Great location for whom wants to live in a tourist resort setting with inexpensive housing. Very good benefits in a publicly traded international corporation.
The company is a specialized manufacturer with some 20 production facilities across North America and Europe, which employ about 3000 employees.
The Accounting Manager leads the accounting function for the plant located near the Lac Saint Jean in Quebec. This position reports directly to the General Manager of the plant and indirectly to the Director, Finance in the corporate office located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. This role is an integral part of the site’s management team. The position offers a diverse and rewarding environment and provides exposure to senior level decision making as part of the plant leadership team.
- Provide advice and guidance to the GM in the financial decision-making for the management of the mill and forestry operations;
- Management of the Accounting team;
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements and forecasting for the plant;
- Ensure financial records and system controls are in place and operating effectively, in compliance with IFRS, SOX and Company policies
- Ensure and oversee the process and preparation of the final annual budget for the plant; prepare and examine expense analysis reports for variances from plans and forecasts; determine trends for expenses and potential improvements therein; resolve anomalies and irregularities in the accounts
- Provide leadership in the management of working capital, including review and oversight of stores inventory management, and the optimization of payables without negatively impacting operations.
- Support managers in fixed asset management by: evaluating financial benefits and payback of capital projects; quantifying expected savings or returns on investment; preparing accurate monthly capital asset continuity schedules including depreciation calculations; and, post-completion project audits.
- Prepare for, manage, and support the site audits – internal and external
- Support continuous improvement initiatives and the sharing of best practices by developing KPIs and analyses that identify areas of opportunity; help communicate the results of these initiatives to the management team; assist in reporting the results of these initiatives to corporate departments
- Manage payroll, accounts payable and receivable
- Actively participate in Finance group projects, assuming the role of project leader at the site.
- Completed accounting designation (CPA, CMA, CGA, or CA)
- Familiarity with IFRS / GAAP
- Experience with computerized accounting systems, including advanced knowledge of Excel, Microsoft Dynamics AX, Longview (an asset for this position)
- Bilingual English, French (oral and written)
- Minimum five (5) years of relevant financial management experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with full cycle accounting, cost accounting and financial analysis
- Experience in managing a team