This closed position was filled. Check out our Jobs Search Page for our current open positions similar to this one.
|Title:||Accounts Payable Administrator|
|Job Location:||Brampton, Ontario - Canada|
|Salary:||contact recruiter for details|
|Employer Will Recruit From:||Local|
Our client in Brampton is looking to fill an Accounts Payable Administrator position for a 5-month contract with a high possibility of extension as soon as possible. The successful candidate will be responsible for performing all of the tasks associated with the A/P function and must have general knowledge of the general ledger and accounting principle, as well as experience with both SAP and BPCS/AS400.
· Sorting incoming mail, verifying account/vendor information and distributing invoices for approval
· Matching invoices with supporting documentation (printed purchase order and packing slip/receiving report)
· Reviewing departmental coding on invoices
· Entering invoices into the AP system (SAP)
· Printing cheques (issued to suppliers and customers), processing bill payment and wire/EFT, as well as voiding cheques/issuing stop payments when required
· Matching cheque summary and invoices to ensure all supporting documents attached
· Completing filing and photocopying, as required
· Reconciling supplier statements to outstanding vendor payable and following up on differences
· Following up with departments on process and/or supplier related issues
· College diploma (Accounting or Business preferred) plus at least 5 years of accounting experience or equivalent combination of education and related experience
· 3 years of previous work experience in an Accounts Payable manufacturing environment
· Experience using SAP ERP system, as well as BPCS/AS400 for accounts payable activities
· Good interpersonal and communication skills; with the ability to work with diverse personality types
· Flexibility in hours required to fulfill demands, particularly during month end
· Detail-oriented with excellent organizational and time management abilities
· Excellent Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Work knowledge
· Ability to multi-task
** Career Connections Canada Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request an accommodation, please contact Career Connections Canada Inc.