This closed position was filled. Check out our Jobs Search Page for our current open positions similar to this one.
Advanced Manufacturing Engineer
|Hamptonville, North Carolina - United States
$125,000.00 - $140,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designs custom machinery to manufacture components.
- Design tooling needed for machinery
- Design jigs, fixtures, and templates for use as work aids in the fabrication of parts or products.
- Takes drawing concept to tooling, machinery and finally to manufacturing parts.
- Evaluate manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators.
- Develop manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying and testing manufacturing methods and equipment conferring with equipment vendors.
- Improve manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Maintain product and company reputation by complying with regulations such as OSHA
- Keep equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer’s instructions and establish procedures; requesting special service.
- Complete design and develop projects by training and guiding technicians and other engineers.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Evaluate existing manufacturing processes and workflows to identify areas that could benefit from changes and improvements.
- Create processes and procedures to help the company meet budgetary goals as well as performance quotas.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and cross-departmental meetings to ensure collaborating and cohesion.
- Must adhere to all company and location policies and safety rules
- Must be able to work extended hours when required
- All other duties as assigned
- 10 years experience
- Well-versed in relevant software (e.g. CAD (Solidworks))
- Knowledge of statistical methods for process capability and control
- Project management skills
- Minimum 10 yrs of experience with automated assembly machinery within the automotive industry
- Minimum 5 yrs experience in leading Manufacturing Engineering team
- Designed and built custom machinery
- Program and integrate PLCs or microprocessors
- Working knowledge of pneumatic and Hydraulic systems as applied to machinery development
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree