|Title:||Antenna Test Range Manager|
|Job Location:||Acworth, Georgia - United States|
|Salary:||$90,000.00 - $110,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly|
|Employer Will Recruit From:||Nationwide|
This is a growth opportunity for an antenna test supervisor, so If you like Atlanta where the cost of living is extremely reasonable, and life here has something to offer everyone, from cultural, and recreational activities for the entire family, to proven economic growth that much of the country can't offer, then you’re going to love it here.
We are hiring for an Antenna or EMC Test Range Manager, so if you have strong work experience with compact ranges, farfield / nearfield anechoic chambers, and SAR testing and you're ready to take your Antenna / Electromagnetic career to the next level, then please read on.
At minimum, the select engineer requires a limited amount of industry experience running or operating anechoic chambers or antenna test ranges. The key function of the Antenna Test Range Manager is to manage our Antenna, EMC and SAR Test & Measurement facilities and oversee the test engineers who are performing antenna tests. You will oversee technical support, project management, and some field service activities. The position requires frequent interaction with customers, other engineers currently engaged in Test & Measurement Services and Quality Management.
Experience with either managing programs or a small number of engineers, and significant customer management is also key.
Work and communicate with principals, engineers and customers and communicate about the projects to make sure requirements are clearly understood and to also provide feedback if schedule is not being met.
1. Establish customer rapport and keep them informed
2. Insure technical compliance in accordance with the contracts
3. Schedule and run necessary project review meetings both internal with project team and external with customers
4. Maintain and follow up on open action items list
5. Track schedule and prepare data items for submittal to customer
6. Work closely with other departments in the coordination of lab staff, project people and other staff to complete project requirements
* Oversee and perform measurement services in our US laboratory's for external customers, internal investigations, or Quality Management Requirements (proficiency testing, measurements required for uncertainty analysis, etc.).
* The measurement services may be performed on several of our state-of-the-art antenna test systems, and thus proficiency on all these systems is expected to be developed.
* Reviewing any measurement data obtained for overall integrity, ensuring QA, and preparing any necessary reports or documentation for customers.
* Performing diagnostics and troubleshooting on our Measurement Facilities when necessary, including timely identification and remedy of any issues inhibiting the measurement accuracy or overall quality.
* Documentation of the above activities by compiling notes and records of activities and problem encountered, and reporting these on the log book (special setups, issues encountered, and remedies employed to address those issues, etc.)
* Assisting in the procurement, contractual reporting, customer follow-through, and overall management of projects related to Measurement Services.
* Assessment of various instrumentation (either developed in-house or commercially available through 3rd party vendors) used in conjunction with our Antennas Measurement Systems product line to support commercial market demands.
LIFTING OR OTHER PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM THE DUTIES OF THE JOB:
1. Ability to lift at least 50 pounds over your head
2. Ability to stand for long periods of time
3. Ability to sit for long periods of time
4. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
Physical environment is generally safe with minimal health risk. No safety equipment or unusual precautions are required.
A Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, couples with a minimum of 8 years of work experience within the RF or Electromagnetic industry
* Strong understanding of Electromagnetics, RF, antennas and antenna measurements
* Knowledge of customer service principles and practice
* Excellent analytical and troubling-shooting skills
* Responsible, able to manage time effectively and work efficiently, both with and without direct supervision
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree