This closed position was filled. Check out our Jobs Search Page for our current open positions similar to this one.
|Title:||Antenna - EMC Measurement Services Technologist Job # 3171|
|Job Location:||Acworth, Georgia - United States|
|Salary:||$45,000.00 - $90,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly|
|Employer Will Recruit From:||Nationwide|
This is a high growth opportunity for an antenna test engineer who wants to work with a company who will recognize and reward your contributions. The cost of living in Georgia is extremely reasonable, and life here has something to offer everyone, from cultural, and recreational activities for the entire family, to proven economic growth that many other parts of the country can't offer.
Antenna - EMC Measurement Services Technologist
Job # 3171
We are recruiting for a antenna or electromagnetic test technologist in our Atlanta based office, so if this fits within your skill mix, and you're ready to take your Antenna / Electromagnetic career to the next level, and with a company who will recognize and reward your contributions, then look no further.
The key function of the Antenna Measurement Services Technologist is to support our antenna, EMC and SAR Test & Measurement Services, performing antenna testing in our anechoic chambers, providing technical support, project management, and field service periodically. The position requires frequent interaction with customers, other engineers currently engaged in Test & Measurement Services, Quality Management and Technical Support.
This is a mid to senior level role, where the select candidate will currently reside within the continental USA, and be fully authorized to work for any employer
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
1. You will perform measurement services in our US laboratory's for external customers, internal investigations, or Quality Management Requirements (proficiency testing, measurements required for uncertainty analysis, etc.).
2. The measurement services may be performed on our SG64, Starlab, or ComoSAR systems, and thus proficiency on all these systems is expected to be developed.
3. Reviewing any measurement data obtained for overall integrity, ensuring QA, and preparing any necessary reports or documentation for customers.
4. Performing diagnostics and troubleshooting on our Measurement Facilities when necessary, including timely identification and remedy of any issues inhibiting the measurement accuracy or overall quality.
5. Documentation of the above activities by compiling notes and records of activities and problem encountered, and reporting these on the log book (special setups, issues encountered, and remedies employed to address those issues, etc.)
6. Assisting in the procurement, contractual reporting, customer follow-through, and overall management of projects related to Measurement Services.
7. Validation and Alpha testing of SW algorithms developed by us for our customer base. Feedback will be provided to the SW development team in order to improve the product and provide the best customer experience possible.
8. Assessment of various instrumentation (either developed in-house or commercially available through 3rd party vendors) used in conjunction with our Antennas Measurement Systems product line to support commercial market demands.
9. Performing basic RF repairs on our equipment, including reading schematics, troubleshooting and interacting with parts suppliers
10. General office duties, as needed
AUXILIARY DUTIES AS MEASUREMENT SERVICES TECHNOLOGIST:
1. Provide technical support to customers and Field Service staff (both remote, and possibly even on-site interventions on rare occasions). This support includes software installation and de-bugging, hardware validation and troubleshooting, system calibrations and customer software license management for our software products.
2. Maintain tool and equipment inventories for the Calibration Kits, Measurement Services and Technical Support purposes.
3. IT administrative support for office servers and admin staff.
LIFTING OR OTHER PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM THE DUTIES OF THE JOB:
1. Ability to lift at least 50 pounds over your head
2. Ability to stand for long periods of time
3. Ability to sit for long periods of time
4. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
Physical environment is generally safe with minimal health risk. No safety equipment or unusual precautions are required.
EDUCATIONAL AND/OR WORK REQUIREMENTS:
1. Associate Degree in Electrical Engineering (BS strongly preferred)
2. Newly-graduated students may be considered with a concentration in RF, electromagnetics or antenna's
SKILLS REQUIRED TO PERFORM THE DUTIES OF THE JOB:
1. An understanding of RF, antennas and antenna measurements
2. Motivation and aptitude to gain in-depth knowledge is required
3. Good skills and comfort level with computers and software applications
4. Knowledge of customer service principles and practices
5. Willingness to cooperate with others and work to the greater good
6. Able to work in a team environment, as well as autonomously
7. Multi?tasking capabilities
8. Excellent analytical and troubling-shooting skills
9. Responsible, able to manage time effectively and work efficiently, both with and without direct supervision
10. Ability to learn the inner workings of company products, systems, applications and current operating systems
11. Should have good computer skills, and a sound knowledge of MS Windows and MS Office
DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE OR SKILLS:
1.Knowledge in Radio Frequency and Antenna fields is a plus. Metrology and/or Antenna Measurement experience valued.
2.Experience with network analyzers, spectrum analyzers and wireless communication protocols and test instruments preferred
3. 2-5 years’ experience preferred
University - Associate's Degree/Graduate Diploma/2 Years