This closed position was filled. Check out our Jobs Search Page for our current open positions similar to this one.
|Title:||Antenna / RF Hardware Engineer Job # 3193|
|Job Location:||Austin, Texas - United States|
|Salary:||$90,000.00 - $135,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly|
|Employer Will Recruit From:||Nationwide|
Were a great place to work as a small company with quality high tech products that will blow your mind. We have little bureaucracy, great benefits, and are located in the heart of Austin, Texas where the weather is mild, the cost of living is some of the more reasonable in the country, and is a great place to live and raise a family. Join our RF group if you want to be involved building new, high tech WIFI, satellite, network and IoT products.
Job # 3193
Join our RF group if you want to be involved building new, high tech wireless products with us. This RF Engineer will be responsible for the development, definition, and analysis of new products and technologies. Your focus will be in support of wireless access and network technologies applied to home, office/retail, warehouse, industrial, farm, and campus environments. These sensors and access points are integrated in an end-to-end cloud-based system which provide critical data analytics, and data driven alarms to end users via Web, cellular device-based, and satellite applications.
This well rounded RF Hardware Engineer is expected to:
• Perform hands on board level RF and Antenna design and characterization.
• Support field trials of selected technology prototypes to validate system assumptions.
• Work in an innovative environment where a variety of concepts and systems will be addressed.
• Multitask between one to two large larger efforts and a series of short duration analysis tasks.
• Analyze technology and possible system/product requirements in incubation development phase. Make technical recommendations of the viability of solutions and possible alternatives in the form of presentations and short reports.
• Participate in product definition and detailed product requirements as part of transition to full scale development.
• Develop test and validation plans in conjunction with our wireless sensor development teams, Operations, QA, and Systems Integration teams.
• Provide design documents, presentations, and develop plans and schedules with product management and technical program management leads.
• Travel approximately 10 percent of the time – domestic and international.
• Permanent Authorization to work in the United States is required.
We offer great benefits to include, medical, dental, vision and a 401K match
• Experience designing satellite communications equipment in the L and Ka bands.
• Experience with LoRa networks would be deemed as a plus, coupled with verifiable RF new product design/development experience for high volume wireless, consumer, automotive, medical products.
Education:A Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering and 3 to 5+ years of Industry work experience in the board level design of unlicensed band access point and subscriber products operating at 868 MHz, 915 MHz, 2.4 GHz, and 5.x GHz.
• RF circuit and Antenna design simulation using NI AWR Microwave Office or equivalent.
• Recent experience in new product development to full scale production.
• Experience working within a Phase Gated New Product Development Process.
• Schematic capture and PCB design using Cadence OrCAD/Allegro tools.
• Experience with LoRa, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth and their associated chipsets.
• Understanding of PA’s, LNA’s, filters and how to select, design in, and characterize.
• Understand and be able to create link budgets and the complete RF chain design analysis including antenna coupling.
• Understand and be able to perform Worst Case Analysis.
• Hands on lab test, characterization, and design troubleshooting experience (output power, center frequency, phase noise, insertion loss, gain, impedance, return loss, VSWR, receive sensitivity, Bit error rate / packet error rate, antenna gain, and antenna patterns, etc.)
• Experience with RF/MW test equipment such as signal generators, spectrum analyzers, network analyzers, noise figure meters, and other general use lab equipment.
• Ability to solder SMT components (i.e. 0402 and 0201).
• Design for general EMC compliance and FCC / CE type approvals.
• RF Design for Manufacture (DFM) and RF manufacturing test development (DFT).
• Excellent planning, written, and verbal communication skills.