Application Support/Java Developer-Contract
|Jersey City, New Jersey - United States
contact recruiter for details
Preferably to recruit from Tri-State area (New Jersey. New York, Connecticut)
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our client, a Fortune 500 firm located in Jersey City, New Jersey is looking for an Application Support/ Java Developer as a consultant.
- First point of contact for diagnosing and resolving new and ongoing applications issues.
- Will monitor application alerts, escalating production issues, maintaining issue logs and providing operational support to production applications.
- Will coordinate with development teams, analyze root cause, analyze complex SQL queries and large data sets.
- Will document, respond and remedy newly identified application issues.
- Will work with developers to reproduce the issues, communicate findings and possibly assist in making code changes.
- At least 4– 5 years experience as Application Support/ Java Developer.
- Strong experience in Java-J2EE
- For automation use Jenkins and build configuration- based deployment and make script changes as needed
- Strong experience in writing complex SQL scripts
- Ability to analyze logs and large data sets
- Experience on Windows OS & satisfactory experience on Unix
- BS degree preferably in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or similar technical subject
- Knowledge in Splunk, PostGreSQL
- Experience with GIS queries or other related GIS products
- Knowledge of ESRI products is a plus
- Interest/experience in sysadmin, devops, monitoring. and relational databases, all a plus
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree