Applications PolyEthylene Development Engineer
|Greenville, South Carolina - United States
$90,000.00 - $110,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
- Work closely with product management, commercial team and customers to identify new product opportunities, capture Critical to Quality (CTQ) attributes and translate such to launch development programs.
- Develop various film families including stretch films, shrink film, custom film, bags and agricultural films. Primary focus will be stretch film research and development.
- Initiate development programs and demonstrate feasibility by generating samples and data.
- Generate innovative ideas/concepts that could lead to active development programs; with ultimate goal of commercialization.
- Provide manufacturing facilities support in the identification and qualification of alternate resins and improved efficiencies.
- Work closely with manufacturing and commercial teams to ensure successful transition of programs/products to commercialization.
- Assist customers with their needs to evaluate, approve and implement new product launches.
SKILLS REQUIRED: * Hands on laboratory and pilot plant experience. * Self movitated. * Able to travel up to 50% of time. * Established track record of developing new products from concept to commercialization working in a team environment. * Fundamental knowledge of polymers and understanding of technologies associated with design and manufacturing of flexible films. *
Must have good resin Polyetheylene materials experience. Knowledge of blown and/or cast film manufacturing processes. * Excellent analytical capabilities. * Knowledge of Microsoft Office tools. * Strong planning/organizational skills. * Ability to work in a fast-paced team setting. * Ability to effectively communicate/present findings to a wide number of audiences.
- BS Degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering. Polymers focus preferred.
- 3-5 years in product development field. Polyethylene experience preferred.
- Business Focus: interest in and knowledge of business strategy and key drivers; links product development initiatives to business needs.
- Results Orientation: able to define goals and metrics, develop actionable plans and manage work to achieved desired outcomes; has sense of urgency and fosters the same in others.
- Customer Satisfaction: accurately identified customer requirements and delivers consistent results; ensures that escalated partner/customer issues are resolved with urgency.
- Teamwork/Collaboration/Influence: successful record of working in a highly matrixed, complex organization in a collaborative manner; able to build and sustain effective working relationships to meet ongoing demands of the business.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree