Applications Software Developer
|Endwell, New York - United States
$60,000.00 - $70,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Software Developer in the Southern Tier of NY State – work for a fantastic manager! I know because I placed him!
Become part of an organization that was named one of the best companies to work for in New York State. With focus on development, growth, and upward mobility, this role will give you the chance to work for a company that cares about becoming something greater than itself.
- This financial institution has been a part of their community for 50 years
- This organization has a higher than average employee satisfaction rating
- Join over 550 employees supporting the financial interests of over 100K members
- With a commitment to giving back, they annually donate $1 million to causes and organizations within their local area
Employee Value & Appreciation:
- Training programs that make employees stand out in the financial industry
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401K with employer match
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan
- Business casual dress during the Summer months
- Competitive wages
- Tuition reimbursement
- Annual wellness screenings
- Internal Recognition Program
- Credit Union Membership
- Volunteer opportunities
Binghamton, NY is located on the rolling hills of the Southern Tier of New York State. The cost of living in this area is 5.6% lower that the US Average and has ranked as one of the “Best Places to Live”. It’s regularly named one of New York State’s best places to raise a family, as well as one of the best places to buy a house. Its central location makes it close to several areas of interest including the famous Finger Lakes region, Ithaca, and New York City.
Your Role with the Company:
- As a Software Developer you will be responsible for writing applications that automate business processes and promote a process improvement initiative.
- The position reports into the Director of Business Performance
- Primary duties and responsibilities include:
- Developing and maintaining object-oriented software solutions using industry-specific software package Symitar
- Writing queries, stored procedures, and creating tables in SQL
- Working collaboratively with team to define requirements and create solutions
- Working with clients/users to determine improvements and automation opportunities
- Expertise in object-oriented programming and/or back end web technologies
- 3+ years of experience in the Software Development field
- Exposure to programming in languages such as Visual Basic, C++, Java, PHP, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
MUST BE A US PERMANENT RESIDENT OR CITIZEN FOR CONSIDERATION
University - Associate's Degree/Graduate Diploma/2 Years