Architectural Estimator - Technical Sales Specialist
|Woodbridge South, Ontario - Canada
contact recruiter for details
|Bonus Depends on Company performance
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Growth oreinated Role in a Multi-National Global company. Excellent pay and benefits package. Great team.
Architectural Estimator / Technical Sales Specialist
Salary: $60,000 - $65,0000 per annum
Our future success depends on our ability to efficiently and reliably deliver estimates & technical support across our product lines.
Based on architectural drawings and specifications, the TSS develops and provides quotations and technical sales support to the sales team and customers. Providing prompt technical product information and design advise to architects, designers, representatives and contractors.
This role will work closely with Engineering to ensure that our product solutions are well defined and cost assumptions are accurate.
Working collaboratively across all material groups, this role will be part of a team who focuses on fostering greater customer satisfaction and developing profitable market share by ensuring that our products and services are positioned, priced and sold with a strong customer experience at all levels of the value chain, adding value to our bottom line.
Preparation of Quotations/BID packages:
- Review architectural drawings/RCP’s and identify material scope across all product lines
- Understand specifications to meet project compliance with each product group:
- Determine and document criteria relating to acoustical performance, fire rating, LEED, Well, FSC, VOC, EPD’s and any other project specific testing requirements
- Interpret and apply CertainTeed Architectural product solutions to the project intend to maximize potential share
- Prepare quantity take-off and apply appropriate pricing strategy
- Accurately assess all factors of project scope which may affect cost, including probable scope which may have been left out or is unspecified.
- Collect and analyse data in order to estimate the time, money, materials and labor required to manufacture a product or provide a service.
- Cultivates intelligence on the market and project, including the competitor landscape, to effectively price and compete for the business
- Coordinate quotation strategy with Sales Manager as needed
- Ensure timely completion of estimates and submit quote/BID documents to all potential bidders for future follow up
Booking of orders:
- Follow up and document status on all outstanding quotes
- Work with client/Manager to negotiate and close the projects
- Prepare submittals and sample needs
- Initiate testing needs
- Clarify delivery schedule & communicate timeline
- Define credit & payment schedules
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Engineering or Design
- 2-4 years of related experience
- Understand commercial construction and the bidding process
- Experience within the architectural, construction or manufacturing industry is preferred
- MS Office – Excel, AutoCAD
- BlueBeam and On-Screen take off Software
- Proficiency in reading and interpreting architectural drawings
- Interpersonal and sales skills are needed in working with architects, independent sales representatives, customers, and internal staff
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency and customer service orientation. Must be able to meet tight deadlines when turning around quotes.
- Strong communication skills