Area Manager - Chemical
|Brunswick, Georgia - United States
contact recruiter for details
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
World leading producer of fragerences and flavors polymers
Fantastic coastal GA location
The Area Manager is responsible for overseeing the area production team (5-20 members) in the assigned area, and focusing cross-departmental resources toward priority assignments, based off of area safety and productivity data. This individual ensures that the production area achieves performance targets with safety, quality, productivity and other goals assigned. The Area Manager will drive efforts to improve HSE aspects, quality and productivity in the area and will utilize Operational Excellence work processes to achieve these results. Reports to the Plant Manager.
- Achieves compliance with applicable regulatory requirements.
- Ensures all HSE and regulatory processes are followed in area.
- Demonstrates and drives safe behaviors, participation in all HSE related systems, and enforce safety policies and regulations.
- Accountable for timely production of quality product in area of responsibility.
- Accountable for achieving specific OEE targets through driving focused improvement efforts.
- Accountable for meeting specific Operational Excellence goals.
- Participates in appropriate management systems and meetings in support of OE efforts.
- Has primary accountability for area data tracking, reporting, reviewing, and ensures data-based decision making happens for the area.
- Analyzes, reports, and acts on area safety performance and Gensuite entries and actions, including data and pareto review, and data based activity prioritization and improvement actions.
- Ensures team members provide accurate and timely Gensuite data entry.
- Analyzes, reports, and acts on area OEE performance, including OEE and pareto review, and OEE data based activity prioritization and improvement actions.
- Ensures team members provide accurate and timely OEE data entry.
- Responsible for achieving area level productivity goals, including CIP results, and hitting overtime targets.
- Ensures all life critical safety processes are followed.
- Investigates incidents, leads root cause analysis sessions, and drives timely closure of associated action plan.
- Coordinates with production scheduling and other team members as appropriate to ensure production targets are achieved.
- Create training and development plans for all employees, and routinely review/monitor employee performance, and provides timely and constructive feedback.
- Tracks and reports area performance data status to goal for area objectives.
- Provides priority for maintenance and capital plans in production area based off of data-driven needs.
- Coordinates directly with the maintenance department to ensure resources are directed appropriately.
- Manages inventory of materials for area processes (daily, monthly, special projects).
- Responsible for required documentation (paper or paperless) for Title V, GMP, Audits, HSE, PSM, WIs, OEE tracking, MDE’s, and any other associated with the area.
- Initiates MOC’s as necessary.
- Develop and update standard work as needed.
- Proficient in the use of PC, DCS, PLC. Use Microsoft Office, including Microsoft Outlook.
- Accountable for achieving area-level leading and lagging targets and goals relating to safety, environmental, compliance, quality, schedule, production, productivity, overtime, and other goals as communicated through plant management processes.
- Coordinates shutdown activities in area, and returns plant to service safely, on time, within budget.
- Communicates barriers and issues in a timely fashion, and engages appropriate cross-department personnel in barrier resolution based off of appropriate priority.
- Manages employee performance, and issues employee actions when necessary.
- Proactively manages to resolve employee concerns, or complaints.
- Recommend or implement measures to motivate employees and to improve production methods, equipment performance, product quality, or efficiency.
- Conduct employee training in equipment operations or work and safety procedures, or assign employee training to experienced workers.
- Direct and coordinate the activities of employees engaged in the production or processing in area
- Reads and analyzes charts, work orders, production schedules, and other records and reports to determine production requirements and to evaluate current production estimates and outputs. Able to express plans/impacts in volume and dollars.
- Plans and establishes work schedules, assignments, and production sequences to meet production goals.
- Keep records of employees' attendance and hours worked. Approve time and attendance
- Requisition materials, supplies, equipment parts, or repair services.
- Observe work and monitor gauges, dials, and other indicators to ensure that operators conform to production or processing standards.
- Recommend or initiate personnel actions, such as hiring, evaluations, and promotions.
- Lead Startup/ Shutdown of area equipment.
- Determine standards, budgets, production goals, and rates, based on company policies, equipment and labor availability, and workloads.
- Calculate labor and equipment requirements and production specifications, using standard formulas.
- 10 years chemical plant operations experience, or educational equivalent (i.e. B.S. Engineering)
- Experience supervising people and/or leading teams.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Other related technical/leadership experience and/or certifications a plus.
- Strong commitment to safety and environmental issues. Willingness to adhere to all safety and health rules, plant rules, procedures and guidelines.
- Computer skills, specifically the ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Microsoft Outlook, SAP and ability to learn to use proprietary databases and other computer based applications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work without direct supervision to accomplish goals and meet schedules.
- Proven solid work ethic and ability to work well with others as well as independently.
- Possess strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Must be open-minded and adaptive to change, promote the collective interests of the team more than self-interest, able to resolve problems in a respectful manner.
- Ability to be a subject matter expert and has detailed process knowledge of operations.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree