Area Technical Specialty Chemical Sales Manager
|Los Angeles, California - United States
contact recruiter for details
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
growing company, diversified product line, great people
- Proactively contribute to the Company results and business development by increasing sales performance & margins, identifying & attracting new clients and by maintaining / reinforcing existing clients’ relationships.
As Sales Manager, you organize your actions around a triple frame strategy:
- Prospecting & New Business Acquisition,
- Major Clients Account Management,
- Opportunity Strategy & Market Intelligence
Key Result Areas :
- “Area Sales Manager” West Region (CA, NV, AZ) will take ownership and full responsibility for all direct sales and business development activities dealing with specialty chemicals focusing on industrial water & process treatment industries, HI&I cleaning and personal care markets.
- Planning and preparing an annual budget for assigned territory/customer base and tasks to meet this expectation.
- Developing a clear and coherent business strategy in conjunction with the Sales Director for the assigned territory.
- Technical problem selling mode with solutions and value selling
- Coordination of technical seminars for customer and training of distributors as required in conjunction with the R&D and Technical Team.
- Responsible of a current customer base with the daily activities and growing organically with value selling.
- As a leader in your field of specialty, you will be called to represent the Company at contract and sales negotiations in your area; ensuring constant communication between you and your Sales Colleagues / Sales & Marketing management dealing with equivalent products & applications in other parts of the world.
Education & Experience:
- Need a “first class” experienced “B2B” sales professional seeking new challenges and a platform to succeed and grow in an international multicultural business environment
- Prefer BS in chemistry, chemical engineering or scientifically related and professional specialty chemical sales & business experience. The ideal candidate is familiar with chemical specialty products dealing with Industrial Water / Process Treatment
- As “Results Driven” sales & business developer, you will demonstrate several years of successful experience gained in a similar context including: “B2B” sales, Chemical Industrial & Technical environment. A specific knowledge in the “Water / Process treatment” or HI&I and cleaning or personal care markets will be an asset.
This is a home office-based sales position. Average 75% travel.
- Preference in California
- Optional in Arizona & Nevada
Behavior & Competencies:
- Demonstrating strong motivations for an international and multicultural role requiring: passion for sales & business development, outstanding communication & flexibility skills, excellent qualities for negotiate at all levels, enduring self-commitment, driven by results and customer focused values.
- Sales Pioneering mind-set joint with Teamwork talents – demonstrating the ability to work collaboratively with scientific R&D, technical support services and marketing teams as well as with internal experts contributing to the development of your activity.
- Build and maintain positive business relations with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to plan and prioritize own activities through excellent personal organization and prioritization skills.
- Enthusiastic, enterprising, flexible, you like to work in an independent way.
BS in Chemistry, BioChemistry, Chemical Engineering or similar
specialty chemicals sales, ideally water treatment chemicals (de-scaling, anti corrosion)
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree