|Title:||Assembly Lead Hand|
|Job Location:||Burlington, Ontario - Canada|
|Salary:||contact recruiter for details|
|Other Compensation:||medicals, RRSP, Pension and vacation|
|Employer Will Recruit From:||Local|
• Support the Sales team, develop detailed designs to help better estimate the cost of
project, and better understand complexity of machines for comparison to standard
machines, which can be used during the sales process.
• Develop machine standard designs and standardized machine options with costing to
create a Library of standard machines and options for the sales department.
• Work with Automation Department during the concept development to ensure a
developed and accurate concept. Also provide necessary information to Automation
Department to generate Robot Simulations for sales purposes and verify robot position relative
to work object.
• Work with Production, and Customer Service departments to obtain feedback on
machinery in the shop and in the field, and document gathered information so it can be
utilized and referred to on future machine developments.
• Provide assistance when possible to the Mechanical Engineering Department.
Obtain and capture all technical information from the customer to ensure all required
information is gathered and available to start quotations and manufacturing projects.
• Develop detailed engineering concepts, working in conjunction with the Automation
• Provide cost estimates for Engineering time, Material, and Machine Build by working
with the appropriate departments.
• Provide technical support for Sales team when required, either in the office or attending
onsite sales meetings
Attend all project related meetings, and prevent scope creep
(in conjunction with Project Manager)
When available, act as an additional resource for the Engineering Department
• Self-Starter, with strong aptitude for design and concept development.
• Well rounded understanding of Mechanical and Electrical scope of work
• Strong skills in problem identification and solving
• Professional and positive approach, self-motivated, strong in building relationships,
team player, dynamic, creative with the ability to work on own initiative.
• 5 + years of engineering experience in custom machine design and manufacturing
Mechanical Engineering Technologist or Engineering degree