Assistant Controller (Manufacturing - Financial)
|Terre Haute, Indiana - United States
$60,000.00 - $75,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Manufacturing Environment. Does not have to be automotive.
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
A large World Class Tier I Automotive supplier has an immediate need to fill their position of Assistant Controller at their plant located east of Terre Haute, IN. The successful candidate will have worked at least 5 years as either Assistant Controller, Accounting Manager, Sr. General Accountant, Sr. Accountant or similar within a high paced manufacturing environment. The company is a multi billion dollar company with nearly 30,000 employees globally.
This position reports directly to the Controller and is responsible for the general and specific job duties of CLIENT as described below:
General Job Duties:
- To display a fair and consistent approach by following the principles of the Value Statement and Mission Statement to help ensure a satisfied workplace for all employees.
- To support Company policies and business objectives while performing the specific responsibilities of your job.
- To participate in continuous improvement activities that enhances the working environment at IAC. Participate and support all lean, continuous improvement programs, initiatives and activities.
- To support the company vision and help to ensure fair treatment of all employees employed by IAC
- Exhibit teamwork skills and actively participate in company activities in a positive working environment.
- Demonstrate problem solving skills in a work environment that is striving for continuous improvement.
- Follow Company policies and display conduct expected of CLIENT employees
- Adhere to all safety and health objectives, policies and procedures of CLIENT to provide for a safe and healthful workplace. Work in a safe manner at all times and report any unsafe conditions in order that the situation can be corrected. Report all accidents and near misses in a timely manner when they occur.
- Maintain proper ergonomics at all times when performing assigned tasks.
- To support the company to meet and maintain all customer quality standards as well as the standards of the CLIENT.
- Complete LPAs on time; weekly
- Complete Safe Audit on time; monthly
- Maintain proper etiquette when using company radios, PA, emails, text and phones; business use only.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor
Specific Job Duties:
- Serve as the chief accountant for the department on a daily basis and for the plant in the Controller’s absence.
- Chief reporting expert for the plant for both internal and external
- Primarily responsible for month-end close and review/prepare all supportive reporting, such as P-Saves, CI Roadmap, R&O, ER&D, Sales/OI Walks
- Participate in SOX readiness, internal control monitoring and compliance, and assist the facilitation of internal/external audits.
- Participate in the budget preparation and supportive reporting
- Primary reviewer of all cash flow forecasting.
- Responsible for Continuous Improvement Roadmap data integrity.
- Bachelor’s Degree with Accounting or Finance Major
- 4-6 years experience in a manufacturing environment
- Excellent computer and communication skills
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts and financial information
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Excellent computer including typing and the use of Microsoft Excel and Word required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to read, write and perform non-complex mathematical calculations
- In depth understanding of Financial reporting and procedures
- Ability to pay attention to detail, multi-task and follow direction
- Experience with QAD and AS400 preferred.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree