This closed position was filled. Check out our Jobs Search Page for our current open positions similar to this one.
|Title:||Assistant Plant Manager (HS-7790)|
|Job Location:||Fargo, North Dakota - United States|
|Salary:||contact recruiter for details|
|Other Compensation:||***Competitive Wage and Benefits|
|Employer Will Recruit From:||Nationwide|
Assistant Plant Manager - North Dakota
Hansen Agri-PLACEMENT is assisting an established Ag-Employer in their search for an Assistant Plant Manager to supervise production workers and lead milling operations in the assigned plant. This individual must be able to take on the role the plant manager, supervisor, millers, operators or other production employees in the event of an absence to maintain smooth operation of the plant.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Ensure that plant operations are compliant with food safety regulations and occupational safety regulations (FDA, OSHA, EPA, etc.).
• Work with the food safety team to carry out food safety risk assessments and corrective actions as appropriate to maintain safe and legal products.
• Make sure that production employees under supervision adhere to company procedures and policies.
• Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
• Follow the production schedule as determined by management and office personnel.
• Work with management and other millers as appropriate to attain most profitable product yields.
• Perform processing control checks according to procedures and specification requirements.
• Verify the function of processing equipment according to the food safety program (i.e. foreign material control devices, etc.).
• Maintain sufficient documentation in support of the food safety program.
Maintenance of Processing Equipment:
• Work with the maintenance department to sustain integrity and proper function of processing equipment and components.
• Work with the food safety team to regularly inspect and maintain control of necessary wood, glass, brittle plastics, ceramics and sharp metals.
• Inspect / replace sifter screens and sifter socks as defined by the food safety program.
• Perform preoperative / post sanitation inspections to ensure that equipment is intact, free from buildup or other contaminants.
Management of Production Employees:
• Work with management as necessary to maintain safe and efficient plant operations.
• Make sure that production employees working directly under the supervisors’ authority are well informed of information needed to carry out their tasks appropriately.
• Ensure that all personnel are trained on the most updated versions of operating procedures. Confirm that new employees fully comprehend operations practices before allowing them to work alone.
• Verify the accuracy of assigned tasks and documentation completed by employees under direct supervision.
• Encourage team work and a positive work environment for all production employees under the supervisors’ jurisdiction.
• Privately address employee behavior issues in a tactful manner. Repeat offenses must be brought to the attention of the plant manager and president. A determination must be made in regards to the fate of the employees’ job status.
• Work with the complaint team to resolve customer complaints in a timely manner.
• Participate in sample match up exercises to determine whether a proposed specification can be met.
• Knowledge of milling operations
• Ability to delegate tasks appropriately
• Demonstrated supervision of personnel
• Ability to communicate effectively with management and production workers
• Promote employee team work and productivity within the areas of supervision
• Ability to lift 100 lbs.