Assurance Manager, Agriculture
|Edmonton (North Downtown), Alberta - Canada
contact recruiter for details
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Inspirational, innovative and entrepreneurial - this is how our client describes their empowered teams. Combine your passion with purpose and join a culture that is thriving in the face of change.
Make an impact within their Private Enterprise (Ag Niche) team as a Manager. This diverse team of professionals are dedicated to exceeding clients’ unique needs within a rapidly evolving business and financial reporting landscape. As a trusted advisor, you’ll empower clients to respond to emerging trends, anticipate risk, optimize performance and enhance operational efficiency.
Our client, a professional services firm, is proudly Canadian. Providing business strategies and solutions, they are a leading national accounting, tax and business advisory firm in Canada. Entrepreneurial to the core, their talented team members transcend obstacles into opportunities and are successfully transforming mid-market business practices.
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE YOU?
- Deliver industry and technical expertise through client interactions, reports, technical work, management presentations and high-quality deliverables
- Manage a portfolio of Private Enterprise and Agriculture/Rural clients while understanding their business, key risks and ways to deliver added value; ensure clients’ needs are met and that relationships and accounts grow and develop
- Effectively manage engagements to achieve target realization
- Adhere to quality assurance and risk management practices when seeking improvements in engagements and/or methodologies
- Respond to client requests, issues and concerns in a professional and timely manner, seeking guidance when necessary
- Develop the ability to understand unique features of clients’ business/industry
- Maintain technical competence by continuing to participate in professional education programs and training sessions
- Review others’ work for accuracy and completeness
- Apply professional judgement when making non-routine decisions and seek guidance where appropriate
- Maintain high-quality control and apply specialized knowledge to anticipate, identify and address issues relevant to the client’s business, financial entries and reports
- Network in the local business community, consider business development opportunities and contribute to the preparation and delivery of competitive proposals to meet client needs
- Contribute to the development of new ideas and approaches to improve work processes
- Mentor, motivate and coach team members towards professional and personal development by setting clear expectations, providing feedback and conducting performance reviews
- Maintain flexibility to travel, as necessary
Skills and Experience
- CPA designation with 4 to 5 years of relevant public accounting experience
- Agriculture/Rural file experience and/or background an asset
- Working knowledge of Accounting Standards for Private Enterprises (ASPE) and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Strong understanding of business, accounting, management and practice development principles
- Proven people management, relationship building and leadership skills
To apply for this position click 'apply' and follow the self-serve application process.