Audit Director Corporate Functions
|Pine Bluff, Arkansas - United States
$165,000.00 - $230,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Audit Director Corporate Functions
The Audit Director Corporate Functions will be accountable for planning, executing and delivering various audits of corporate functions. The individual will evaluate processes and internal controls for adherence to bank policies and procedures, compliance with federal and state banking regulations. The position will support identifying root causes of identified issues to strengthen and/or improve controls. This person reports to the General Auditor and will be a leader in our department. This position is accountable for overseeing and reviewing Supervisor’s and subordinate’s work, including reporting of the results of audits, projects and special assignments.
You will promote risk awareness in the enterprise via positive and collaborative relationships with department heads, business leadership, and staff. In addition to audit execution, you will meet recurrently with department heads and business leaders to discuss audits, assess risks, evaluate issue remediation advancement, provide feedback, and gather understandings on business activities.
Responsibilities - Audit Director Corporate Functions
- Establishes and maintains relationships with the bank’s staff and management as well as external auditors through periodic and effective communication to facilitate proactive assessment of the bank’s risk profile
- Assesses personnel and individual development needs (i.e., training and career development) in conjunction with department management.
- Leads audits under the direction of the Internal Audit Director, which can consist of individual or multiple audit assignments and/or projects
- Follows up on the disposition of exceptions noted during audits, including internal, external and regulatory examination reports
- Advances a deep understanding of the business and industry, organizational structure, and regulatory environment
- Manages less experienced auditors on one or several assignments
- Conducts all-inclusive risk assessment and engagement planning
- Integrates SOX testing into the scope of audits as appropriate
- Coaches, trains, and develops audit staff to advance their task familiarity. Reviews supervisor’s work to safeguard compliance with stated requirements and objectives, IIA standards and internal audit measures
- Develops, presents and supports in finalizing audit reports including identifying risk-based issues and mitigation approaches
Experiences - Audit Director Corporate Functions
- Five or more years in a managerial role
- Professional certification of Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM) or Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS)
- Substantial experience with public financial services organizations and related front/back office operations
- Deep organizational, communication and interpersonal skills working with all levels of management.
- Success working in a collaborative environment
- Exceptional time management skills
- Undergraduate degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or related area. A graduate degree is a plus but not required
- Minimum ten + years in the auditing or related field
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Current or prior experience in the banking industry and experience in the audit of related area
- Capacity to travel up to 25%.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree