This closed position was filled. Check out our Jobs Search Page for our current open positions similar to this one.
|Title:||Automated Test Instrument Software Engineer - Job Order 3063|
|Job Location:||Falls Church, Virginia - United States|
|Salary:||$50.00 - $80.00 - US Dollars - Hourly|
|Employer Will Recruit From:||Local|
Very small company and relaxed environment. 6 to 12 months of contract work on-site
Automated Test Instrument Software Engineer - Job Order 3063
Contract opportunity, 6 to 12 months
US citizen or permanent resident
Location: Falls Church, VA 22042
Small company of around 50 people who are making avionics gear for the US Navy need to hire an embedded software engineer. This is a fully funded legacy product. At the same time the are involved in updating their legacy intercom product and are actively seeking to develop a next generation product that will utilize COTS technology to make a secure network/cloud aware communications switch.
The User Interface Software Engineer is responsible for porting the VisualBasic6 User Interface code to VBNET or C#. The Software Engineer must also have a strong background in a scripting language, preferably Python. The software will be running on a Windows 10 PC.
National Instruments (NI) equipment is communicating with a series of devices sending test audio or other stimuli over a distributed network via TCP/IP and getting back the results. They are attempting take the existing test software written in Visual Basic and port it to a more platform independent language such as but not limited to VBnet. A lot of Python scripting and network programming will be required.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Port User Interface application from Visual Basic to VBNET or C#.
• Port existing Windows 2000 shell scripts to platform independent scripting language, e.g., Python, Golang, etc.
• Modify existing Windows 2000 test scripts to:
o Increase the automation.
o Parse log files received from networked devices.
o Store results in database.
• Must be familiar with xml parsers used to drive tests.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field.
• Minimum of five (5) years’ experience User Interface and scripting.
• Must be able to work independently.
• Must be considered a US Person under ITAR and EAR (i.e. U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident, or protected individual such as a refugee or asylee).
• Must have the ability to obtain a security clearance.
Knowledge & Experience:
• User Interface language, such as VBNet, C#, and Visual Basic.
• Cross-platform scripting language, e.g., Python, Golang.
• Basic Linux bash scripting.
• Basic Knowledge of TCP/IP networking concepts, socket programming.
• Experience working on Windows.
• Experience parsing and generating both xml and html files.
• Experience writing scripts for network connected devices.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree